Accessing XML data from URLs in MapForce
When you’re designing a data integration or Web services mapping project in MapForce, you can configure the project to load XML data from a URL instead of the local file system.
Follow the steps below to connect to and use data from a URL in your MapForce mapping. The example screenshots utilize XML data from the Altova RSS feed.
- 1. Download the XML Schema for the XML data.
- (If no XML Schema is available, you can use XMLSpy 2013 to generate an XSD based on a sample XML file. Select the Open URL command from the File menu in XMLSpy® 2017 and enter the URL to open the XML file. Then, choose Generate DTD/Schema from the DTD/Schema menu to generate a W3C XML Schema based on the sample XML data.)
- 2. Use the Insert Schema icon (or Insert, XML Schema/File menu command) to add the schema to the MapForce data mapping project.
3. Right-click the XML Schema component and select Component Settings to specify the URL for the source XML data.
Enter the URL in the Input XML-Instance field.
- 4. Create your mapping by inserting other data source(s), data processing functions, and target(s) and connecting the data records as required.
- 5. Execute the mapping and view the results by clicking the Output tab. Or generate code to implement the process programmatically. MapForce will read new data from the URL each time MapForce is restarted or the generated code initiates the data mapping process.