StyleVision Features for Developers
StyleVision Developer Features:
- XSL functions
- Reuse existing XSLT
- XPath Builder and Evaluator
- CSS and composite styles
- Generate XSLT to be used in other tools
- Visual Studio XSLT designer
- Eclipse XSLT designer
- Event-driven macros for Authentic
- Business logic validation for Authentic
- Java, C#, and Visual Basic application integration
- COM and Java APIs with extensive interfaces
- Command line invocation
A Visual Design Tool with Enterprise Developer Features
StyleVision has an intuitive and flexible visual design interface, but it also delivers the developer-oriented features required for enterprise-scale reports and forms.
StyleVision has pervasive support for standards such as XPath 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0, for example, and developers can build XPath expressions for business logic validation, rich input formatting, and other needs. StyleVision’s XPath editor can be toggled between Builder and Evaluator modes, making it easy to iteratively refine query expressions.
StyleVision also makes it easy to leverage key industry standards and design elements created in other tools. StyleVision uses CSS2.1 or CSS3 to visually design advanced reports and forms, for example, and can use CSS files created outside StyleVision. XSLT documents and fragments can also be re-used in StyleVision designs, and all design elements can be easily managed in comprehensive project files.
While StyleVision makes it easy for developers to take full advantage of declarative expressions in XML Schema and XPath, it also offers a wide range of features for programmers, ranging from macros and scripting to APIs used to incorporate plug-ins or to make StyleVision tools available within other applications and integrated development environments such as Eclipse and Visual Studio.
The powerful StyleVision XSLT stylesheet and report design paradigm supports the definition of sophisticated conditional formatting defined via XPath. Using the intelligent Edit XPath Expression dialog, you can define:
- Conditional templates for variable layout and dynamic presentation that changes based on data in the source file(s).
- Extension templates using XPath wildcards to create user-defined templates that can output a wide range of variable data based on the referenced XML source code.
- Template filtering to automatically filter data out of stylesheet design output based on an XPath evaluated at runtime.
- Auto-calculations to summarize tabular data or provide other functions in output or input stylesheet templates.
Visual Studio XSLT Designer
StyleVision includes an optional, free integration package for integrating its report and XSLT design user interface and functionality into Visual Studio, giving you access to all the powerful design and multi-channel publishing capabilities from directly within this IDE.
Eclipse XSLT Designer
Integration with Eclipse is also supported so that, no matter which leading IDE you prefer, you can access StyleVision's advanced functionality for designing XSLT stylesheets and eye-catching reports seamlessly. Simply download the free integration package after installing StyleVision.
Learn More About StyleVision Developer Features
To further explore StyleVision’s rich developer-oriented features, please see the StyleVision documentation and online training, both of which are freely available online and within the StyleVision Help menu.