Database Differencing with DiffDog
Database Table Diff/Merge:
- Compare databases of the same type
- Compare different databases with automatic datatype naming resolution
- Automatic column mapping with manual override
- Side by side comparison with highlighted differences
- Merge differences in either direction
- Merge individual cells or entire tables
- Save table comparison pairs for easy reload later
Compare Database Tables
Altova DiffDog® 2017 lets you easily compare and merge the contents of database tables. DiffDog expands on the file, XML, and directory differencing features of DiffDog Professional Edition by adding intuitive database table compare and merge functionality. Now one utility can satisfy all your diverse differencing demands.
Based on the powerful database table compare and merge functionality introduced in the award-winning Altova DatabaseSpy® 2017, DiffDog displays database comparisons in an intuitive graphical table representation with connecting lines to illustrate column mapping between tables.
DiffDog can compare different versions of a table in the same database type, or you can compare and merge the content of equivalent tables and entire database schemas in different database types. When you compare different database types, DiffDog even resolves datatype naming inconsistencies. This means you can compare the customers table in your SQL Server database with a backup copy, for example, or you can compare the contents of any tables or your entire database schema between, for instance, an IBM DB2 9 database and an Oracle 11g implementation.
Database Table Mapping
Automatic table mapping options let you instruct DiffDog to map columns based on name, datatype, or column position. If the results of automatic mapping are inaccurate or incomplete, you can also manually map comparisons by dragging connecting lines between table columns.
- Firebird 2.5
- IBM DB2 for iSeries® v6.1, 7.1
- IBM DB2® 8, 9.1, 9.5, 9.7, 10.1, 10.5
- Informix® 11.70
- Microsoft Access™ 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013
- Microsoft® Azure SQL
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016
- MySQL® 5, 5.1, 5.5, 5.6
- Oracle® 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c
- PostgreSQL 8, 9.0.10, 9.1.6, 9.2.1, 9.4
- Progress OpenEdge 11.6
- SQLite 3.x
- Sybase® ASE 15
More Comparison Tools:
View and Merge Data Differences
You can open detailed results windows for each table comparison, and you can filter the results to display or hide your preference of equal or unequal rows, or rows that only contain data in the table on the right or left side.
You can merge differences in table content in either direction by updating individual cells or entire tables.
"In no time at all, Altova DiffDog identified a minute discrepancy between our XML files that would have taken me hours to identify manually. Problem found equals problem solved – I'm a DiffDog fan for life!
– Michael Mullins, Applications Developer, West Virginia Division of Natural Resources