XSL:FO for PDF
PDF Design Features:
- Graphical design for PDF pages
- Drag-and-drop XSL:FO design for PDF output
- XML to PDF
- Database to PDF
- XBRL to PDF
- Formatting options for paginated media
- Support for CSS2.1 and CSS3
- Re-use existing and external XSLT and CSS styles
- Multi-channel output in Web and print formats
- Support for creating fillable PDF forms
Visual XSL:FO Design
StyleVision makes it easy to design attractive PDF documents using a unique, drag-and-drop layout process. Simply specifiy your source content - which may be XML, SQL database, XBRL, or a combination - and drag nodes to the design pane. StyleVision prompts you to specify formatting rules for each field, and you are also assisted by intelligent entry helpers.
As you work, advanced features such as conditional templates, charts, barcodes, and more are available to enhance your design. Since PDF documents are paginated, StyleVision includes special XSL:FO options including bookmarks, tables of contents, cover page design options, headers and footers, and so on. The intuitive visual design process means you don’t need prior XSL, XPath, or template coding experience to design PDF output.
At any time during the design process you can view and save the XSL:FO stylesheet autogenerated by StyleVision, the PDF, and the multi-channel output created simultaneously.