SQL Charts Tool
SQL Charting Features:
- Chart & graph creation from SQL query results
- Real-time updates when data changes
- Granular customization of chart appearance
- Support for background images
- Chart overlays to combine chart types
- Exporting charts in multiple image formats
- Saving, copying, & printing charts
- Multiple charts simultaneously from complex queries
A colorful, eye-catching chart is much more vivid and communicates meaning more effectively than a table of numeric data. Altova DatabaseSpy® 2017 is a SQL charts tool that provides a wide variety of charting features to graphically represent SQL query results.
Now you can create attractive and informative charts to represent information in your database without exporting data to a dedicated charting application. Charts created using DatabaseSpy are customizable to suit business intelligence reports in HTML, Microsoft Word, RTF, or PDF documents, or you can save charts created in DatabaseSpy in your choice of .png, .bmp, .gif, or .jpg image formats at the custom resolution you specify.
Numerous customization options are available for each chart type, including chart titles, foreground and background colors, definition of axis ranges and labels, control of fonts, text colors, fonts and sizes, and more. Intuitive dialogs let you specify every element of a chart, even the tilt angle for 3D pie charts. You can also save customized chart settings in files and reload them to use with multiple query results or share among colleagues.
You can generate DatabaseSpy charts based on relational data, or on calculations performed in SQL statements. For instance, you could calculate total sales for each sales region and compare them in a bar chart. Two gauge chart styles are available for illustrating individual calculated values.
Charts and Graph Types
A link in the Altova DatabaseSpy SQL Editor Results window toolbar opens the Chart Selection dialog, where you can specify which column of your Results table should be used for the X-axis. You can also change the order of value columns, or even leave a results column uncharted.
The following chart types are supported:
- Pie charts (2D & 3D)
- Bar charts (2D & 3D)
- Stacked bar charts (2D & 3D)
- Area charts
- Stacked area charts (with transparency)
- Category and value line graphs
- Candlestick charts
- Gauge charts
- Firebird 2.5
- IBM DB2 for iSeries® v6.1, 7.1
- IBM DB2® 8, 9.1, 9.5, 9.7, 10.1, 10.5
- Informix® 11.70
- Microsoft Access™ 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013
- Microsoft® Azure SQL
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016
- MySQL® 5, 5.1, 5.5, 5.6
- Oracle® 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c
- PostgreSQL 8, 9.0.10, 9.1.6, 9.2.1, 9.4
- Progress OpenEdge 11.6
- SQLite 3.x
- Sybase® ASE 15
Saving & Exporting Charts
When your chart is complete, it's easy to print it, copy it to the clipboard to paste directly in another application, or save it as an image file. When you save to a file, you can select the exact image size in pixels to suit your final reporting application.