Supported OS Platforms
Altova desktop developer tools and server software products are supported on various platforms. Use this page to learn the specifics.
Desktop Developer Tools
Altova has tested its desktop developer tools on various OS platforms to enable multi-platform XML, SQL, and UML development in the enterprise. Specifically, Altova developer software can be used on the following dominant platforms in today's IT landscape:
- Windows: Microsoft Windows is the primary platform for XMLSpy and all MissionKit tools and recommended by Altova. Altova desktop developer tools are fully compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows Server 2008-2016.
- Mac OS X: Altova desktop developer tools have been successfully tested on Mac OS X using VMWare Fusion or Parallels for Mac virtualization software.
- Linux: Altova desktop developer tools have been successfully tested on Red Hat Linux 8.0 using Wine 20030115.
Note: Using Altova desktop developer software under MacOS and Linux requires special Windows emulation software available from 3rd parties and is not supported by Altova. Altova makes no representations or warranties with respect to using its software on these platforms.
Server Software Products
Altova server software products offer multi-platform support for the following:
- Windows Server: 2008 R2 or newer
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Linux: CentOS 6 or newer, RedHat 6 or newer, Debian 7 or newer, Ubuntu 12.04 or newer
- Mac OS X: 10.10 or newer