WIP XBRL Tools
Contractors Create WIP XBRL in Excel
The Work in Process (WIP) XBRL add-in for Excel makes it easy for contractors to build XBRL WIP reports in Excel. After installing the add-in once, you'll have access to a feature-rich Excel template with preset rows and columns, as well as a helpful Document Actions entry-helper pane to guide you while entering your WIP report.
Import WIP XBRL
It's just as easy to import existing WIP XBRL reports into Excel for easy analysis. Just click the Import XBRL button, and browse to select the XBRL instance file you wish to import. Once the data is in Excel, it's easy to view, understand, and/or re-use.
Export WIP XBRL
Once your report is complete in Excel, simply click the Export XBRL button, and the add-in will generate a valid WIP XBRL document for submission to sureties. No technical XBRL expertise is required to get your data into a valid XBRL format according to the WIP Taxonomy!
Easy Data Re-Use
The information you put into the WIP XBRL template can come from any of your existing spreadsheets via Excel formulas. Or, you can use this spreadsheet can replace your previous tracking spreadsheets, and you can simply update the information on a quarterly basis going forward.
WIP XBRL add-in Highlights
- Contractors create XBRL directly in Excel
- No technical XBRL expertise is required
- Excel template makes it easy to enter WIP data
- Export XBRL button generates WIP XBRL data
- Import XBRL button imports WIP XBRL data into Excel
- Document Actions pane assists with data entry
- Report Properties entry-helper includes property descriptions
- Cell Documentation window provides useful information about cell contents
- Data validation with comprehensive messaging about errors and inconsistencies
Try Free for 30-Days
It's easy to get started with the Altova Work in Process (WIP) XBRL add-in for Excel. Simply download the software using the link to the right, and install it to begin your free, 30-day trial.
Please note: The add-in requires Excel 2010, 2013 or 2016. It is not compatible with prior versions.
For Sureties & Underwriters
Once WIP data is in XBRL format, it’s easy for sureties and underwriters to map it to an in-house database for storage and further analysis using MapForce, Altova’s graphical, drag-and-drop data mapping tool.
Simply map fields visually, and add functions to filter, process, and calculate data. Once your MapForce data mapping project is created, it can be applied to any XBRL WIP document, either using MapForce directly or automated via MapForce Server.
Learn more about using MapForce for WIP XBRL mapping in this presentation
Download a free, 30-day trial of MapForce now.
When more control or more advanced programming logic is desired, or for large volumes of XBRL WIP reports, XBRL WIP documents can be analyzed and processed by RaptorXML+XBRL Server, and data can be extracted to a database server via Python scripts.
RaptorXML+XBRL Server is an XBRL processing engine that is focused on high-speed and parallel processing on modern, multi-core CPUs to achieve advanced throughput for XBRL validation.
Download a free, 30-day trial of RaptorXML+XBRL Server now.
For more in-depth information, visit these resources:
- Database Mapping of XBRL Instance Documents Based on the WIP Taxonomy - describes using both MapForce and RaptorXML+XBRL Server for processing WIP XBRL data
- Learn more about the Work in Process Taxonomy for the Surety Industry created by XBRL.US
- Download the product datasheet (PDF, 437 KB)