IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

XSLT/XQuery for processing JSON Options · View
ndevgood
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:42:19 PM

Version 2018 Release 2 of XMLSpy adds unique new support for processing JSON with XSLT, XPath, and XQuery.

This allows you to use the intelligent editors in XMLSpy, including the interactive XPath/XQuery window, for processing and transforming JSON.

Learn more in this quick video demo or read more here.

Visit the XMLSpy download page to update to the latest version.
Martin Honnen
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 5:11:37 PM

I have just watched the video https://youtu.be/Hd5W6IpDA8Y?t=189 and it shows a subfolder XSLT/XQuery of the JSON examples folder in the Altova 2018 examples, however with my installation of the Altova XMLSpy Professional Edition updated to 2018 release 2 I don't find that XSLT/XQuery subfolder of the JSON Examples folder. Does anyone else have that subfolder in his examples project? Does the update not update that examples project properly?

In general, when transforming a JSON input document with XSLT 3, what is the global context item, what is the initial match selection, does processing start with a named template or by applying a template matching the initial match selection?
vlad
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 6:29:52 PM

Not sure why you didn't get them, but here are the files from my installation. Hope this helps!

File Attachment(s):
MusicLibrary.json (8kb) downloaded 544 time(s).
MusicLibrary.schema.json (2kb) downloaded 562 time(s).
MusicLibrary.xq (1kb) downloaded 551 time(s).
MusicLibrary.xsl (3kb) downloaded 566 time(s).

Martin Honnen
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 7:55:05 PM

Thanks a lot. Still not sure why the project didn't include the files, but a careful search with file explorer has now also shown that they are in the project folder in the file system, somehow the XMLSpy project file didn't include them.
But thanks again, now with the files I can better understand how the new features presented in the video work.