IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: erinidem
About
User Name: erinidem
Forum Rank: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 25
[0.14% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Change Relation between MF View and Table
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 1:51:05 PM
I meant to ask if anyone else was having this issue before I posted the crash as a true issue.

Thank you for reading.
Topic: Change Relation between MF View and Table
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 9:21:12 PM
Situation Steps (Oracle database) MapForce 2016 (latest at the time of this writing.

Add a SELECT statement (name: MyView) to a map with three columns (a, b, c) which are NUMBER(10) fields
Add an existing table (MyTable) to the map having two columns (d, e) which are NUMBER(10) fields
Add Relations:
...MvView as the Primary Key Object
...MyTable as Foreign Key Object
Map the columns:
. a -> d
. b -> e
Go back to the map, see it is mapped
Save
Edit the relation to be:
. a -> d
. c -> e

After I get back to the map, MapForce crashes.

I have attempted this with many maps I own and get the same result.

I can edit the XML by hand and make it work, but that seems quite the work around.
I did not have this issue previously in 2015, I am attempting to try again, but I have to reinstall.

Thanks for any help!
Topic: ERROR G702: Algorithm construction: Types are not sequence compatible.
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2015 1:04:53 PM
I also noticed that this happened with my "SUBSTITUTE_NULL" components and I had to replace with "IS-NULL"->"IF-ELSE"components.
Topic: Relational keys are swapping (two column key)
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 7:52:04 PM
I can't get mine to show two relationships like that. We've recently run into more relationship swapping, and MF is becoming completely unusable. We have a 4 key relation which is being linked like:

MASTER_AI_ID -> INT-DOC_ID
INT_DOC_ID -> SUBJECT_ITEM_CATEGORY_CODE
SUBJECT_ITEM_CATEGORY_CODE -> SUBJECT_ITEM_ID
SUBJECT_ITEM_ID -> MASTER_AI_ID

And I noticed (and submitted to Altova) that the relationships are as if the parent columns are considered using a 0-based index where the child is treated as having a 1-based index. So relationships are always off by 1 column:

Example by parent to child column relations:

1 -> 2
2 -> 1

1 -> 2
2 -> 3
3 -> 1

1 -> 2
2 -> 3
3 -> 4
4 -> 1

You can see that pattern by the above real relationship issue. Anyway, I posted this here in case anyone else thought of something we've missed. Thanks to you all.
Topic: Map Using MySQL Has Database Foreign Key Fields Reversed
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2013 2:27:10 PM
Yes, I am still experiencing this with MapForce 2014 and Oracle databases.
However, I am unable to specify an overriding relationship, so I am stuck with rewriting all my maps with Views or something of that nature.

Topic: Out of Memory Error?
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2013 2:09:06 PM
Don't know if this is your issue, but I know if you use a MapForce "SELECT Statement", it can fill up the memory.
MapForce "SELECT Statements" seem to pull everything into memory to use whereas adding a view from the database doesn't.

That is always an issue I run into if I don't think it through properly.
Topic: External connection strings?
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2013 1:48:19 PM
Is there a way to utilize something like an App.Config so we can change a simple text file instead of having to modify and regenerate maps for each server we are using the mapping on? I think this would be an incredible addition to the application.

I am sure I ma not the first to suggest, and I don't know what the implications might be, but if this is currently possible, could someone let me know? Thanks!
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:25:33 PM
vlad wrote:
3) You can define your own so-named Local Relations (see documentation for details). They do not override existing relations - you simply define new ones, whatever you like.

I attempted this, yet it made no changes to the mapping. Basically, I am stuck. The DBA is telling me there is no difference in the databases (both are Oracle 11g) or their relationships.

I think if we knew how Altova defined the relationships, we could use this information to follow how it is displaying these two differently.

Attached is a pic of the mapping after I made manual adjustments alongside the screen showing the adjustments. Am I doing this incorrectly?
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 12:38:53 PM
Thanks, I will check into it. However, this would be only a temporary fix for the issue and I can only do this on a select number of flows. I hope this is figured out soon.

Another Observation:
The only place I find this swapping of relations is on the specific table in relation to other tables using those specific two keys between them. So there has to be something different about the definition of that situation. Ideas?

I sincerely appreciate your comments!
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:07:41 PM
Questions:

1) Has anyone else had this same issue?
2) How does MapForce gather the relationship information?
Maybe it is using some other underlying calculation in the newer version or
ORACLE changed the way it was identifying the relationships.
3) Is there a way to override the relationships of the source data?

Thanks!

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.