IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: that
About
User Name: that
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Location AT
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 451
[2.54% of all post / 0.08 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: XLSX only searching for first match, not the rest?
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 5:29:03 PM
Ash wrote:
I've tried connecting 'Filter' in a couple of places, but I can't seem to get the right combo...

It's easy if you think in small steps:

The "A" output from your Excel table will return ALL numbers in your list.
You want to know if at least one value EXISTS in that list that is EQUAL to the value from your input file.

So you first FILTER the values from your Excel table, using the condition that it is EQUAL to the value from your input file.

The output of the filter will now contain all matching values - zero if there is no match, and - given that they are unique - at most one.
To decide whatever you want to do in your "if-else" components, you want to know if the filter result EXISTS.

So you connect the output of the filter to an "exists" function and the result of that function to your existing "if-else".
Topic: XLSX only searching for first match, not the rest?
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 2:07:14 PM
When you run the mapping, are you getting any warnings in the Messages window, like "value was overwritten"?

You may need to add "filter" and "exists" components (between "equal" and "if") so that you produce only one output value per input, not one per Cartesian product of input value and lookup rows.
Topic: Excel to XML - Need to derive count of delimited data to divide a value and feed into XML Node
Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 2:18:04 PM
ShawnL wrote:
I need a set of functions that will eventually divide the number in the quantity cell by the number of delimited values.

tokenize, count, divide - all in the core library.
Topic: Excel to XML - Break comma delimited values in a cell into distinct data points in target
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2021 5:41:10 PM
It works for me. Make sure that you define column G ("Room#") in the Excel component as type string and not numeric as it might have been before.
Topic: Excel to XML - Break comma delimited values in a cell into distinct data points in target
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2021 12:57:04 PM
ShawnL wrote:
The results aren't what I expected after that though. If you look at the screenshot of the XML generated results the results are the same except the node with Assignment_Level_3 Code="101201202" is missing all together now.

What should happen here is that the line with multiple room numbers is added to multiple groups. So you should have separate elements for 101, 201, and 202 that are grouped together with other rows having those values. I don't see 201 and 202 on your screenshot, but that's maybe just because the bottom is cut off.
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 4:18:49 PM
Are you sure that your cell doesn't contain the value of 101201202, which is 101 millions, 201 thousands and 202?
Maybe try a different separator.
Topic: Left Join
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 12:24:34 PM
Add a filter component in the connection to Carrier with the condition that ID exists (use the exists function).
Topic: MF Server Streaming
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 4:23:08 PM
Streaming is always enabled, but if the mapping needs to access input data in a non-sequential way, it may still need to keep all data in memory. This depends on the structure of your schemas and your mapping. The Advanced Edition tries harder to optimize access patterns.
Topic: Excel to XML - Repeated Data in Cells to Single XML node - New issue
Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 3:47:07 PM
Quote:
I get one <Assignment_Level_3> node per unique "Room #" in the excel sheet.

So what you actually want is to *group* your Excel rows by "Room #". Use the "group-by" function instead of distinct-values, and put it in between "Rows" and "Assignment_Level_3". Then, use first-items to retrieve the first Location in each group to fill Assignment_Level_2.

P.S: "replicate-sequence" with a count of 1 should not have any effect.
Topic: date-15days
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 9:38:48 AM
You need lang.now, lang.datetime-add and a constant "-P15D". Maybe also lang.date-from-dateTime if you want to cut off the time.

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.