IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: temenosaswin
About
User Name: temenosaswin
Forum Rank: Member
Location india
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 14
[0.08% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: How can i insert xsl:text element using altova
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 11:50:19 AM
How can i insert xsl:text element using altova, because i can able to add only functions, how about XSLT elements ?
Topic: Where to specify the path of xml file in document function
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:11:45 AM
Dear friends,
I am using document function belongs to XSLT version:1 in my xsl language code. Here i am trying to add line feed in the generated xml code, so i have defined line feed in a xml file and using document function to be used it. I have defined the xml file name, but i am not knowing where can i define the xml file path. Could any one please answer my query? if possible please send me a example on document function. Here i am sending the attached screehots for your reference.
Linefeed xml document:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<linefeed>
</linefeed>
Topic: Not able to use functions
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:31:32 AM
vlad wrote:
No, trial version should also work. Contact Altova Support with all your files

I am not able to find altova support contact no. if u have, could u please provide us?
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2013 5:20:13 AM
vlad wrote:
Very simple - XSLT1 doesn't support all of them

Dear Vlad,
Thank for your reply. I have a doubt that, i am using trial version. This may be the reason for getting the below error and if i use XSLT 2.0, it is successfully generated

validation failed - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s).
core.group-by: The function is not available for XSLT

Please clarify, is it due to trial version ?
Topic: To add line breaks
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:31:19 AM
Dear friends,
How can i add line breaks in the xml message.
Topic: Explanation required for resultof functiion
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:26:23 AM
Dear friends,
I have used string concat function in altova software and the system has generated as

<Body> <xsl:value-of select="concat(concat(concat(concat(concat(concat(concat(concat(concat(concat(concat(string($var1_re sultof_first/TEXT.1), string($var1_resultof_first/TEXT.2)), string($var1_resultof_first/OPENINGSTMTDATE)), string($var1_resultof_first/TEXT.3)), string($var1_resultof_first/CLOSINGSTMTDATE)), string($var1_resultof_first/TEXT.4)), string($var1_resultof_first/TEXT.5)), string($var1_resultof_first/TEXT.6)), string($var1_resultof_first/TEXT.7)), string($var1_resultof_first/TEXT.8)), string($var1_resultof_first/OPENINGBALANCE)), string($var1_resultof_first/ACCSERVICINGREF))"/> </Body>

<ACCSERVICINGREF>FT132397D1DX</ACCSERVICINGREF><ACCSERVICINGREF>FT13239GBSMQ</ACCSERVICINGREF>

if you notice: resultof_first will give you first value "FT132397D1DX" from the string array.
Could any one help us, how to display all the values (FT132397D1DX, FT13239GBSMQ) in the string array variable?
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:20:37 AM
Dear friends,
I have downloaded Altova mapforce trial version - Enterprise Edition Version 2013 rel 2 Sp 2. I am trying to generate XSLT code through Altova, so i am using some funtions like tokenize-regexp, group-by,distinct-values and the generate XSLT code using XSLT 1.0 version, system throws an error as "Mapping validation failed - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s).
core.group-by: The function is not available for XSLT
Component core.concat: None of the outputs is connected
information: The input component 950.1.2.GB has no input file name set. A default file name will be used.
But if i use generate code using XSLT 2.0, it is successfully generated. The problem here, i cannot able to use the code generated by XSLT 2.0 version. Could any one provide us the reason for the error message? (core.group-by: The function is not available for XSLT)
Topic: To define the values in different lines
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:12:29 AM
ultrabeet wrote:
temenosaswin,

The change would be from
<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/>
to
<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes" use-character-maps="windows-format"/>
<xsl:character-map name="windows-format">
<xsl:output-character character="&#xA;" string="&#xD;&#xA;" />
<xsl:output-character character="&amp;" string="&amp;" />
</xsl:character-map>

I would not be able to comment your second question.
I can only say that I use saxon9he and it does not complain about anything, even though there are xsl:sequence in my mappings.

Dear ultrabeet,
I am running this xsl in unix environment. Can i specify as windows-format in unix environment? Sun solrais OS. Waiting for your reply.
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:30:46 AM
ultrabeet wrote:
temenosaswin

It looks like your XSLT transformer is removing those linebreaks.

After generating the mapping, try to replace your output element with this:

<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes" use-character-maps="windows-format"/>
<xsl:character-map name="windows-format">
<xsl:output-character character="&#xA;" string="&#xD;&#xA;" />
<xsl:output-character character="&amp;" string="&amp;" />
</xsl:character-map>

Let me know how you are getting on

Dear ultrabeet,
Thank you for your reply. Hope everything is fine at your end.
a) Can you please provide us more detail on which output lines has to be replaced by your message. Because i am new to this subject.
b) Morevoer i am getting some error during XSLT to XML conversion as "XSLT warning: The element xsl:sequence is an unknown XSLT element. (Occurred in an unknown entity, at line 1, column 1.)” May i know the meaning of this warning message ?
Waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Ashwin Kumar.
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2013 8:04:32 AM
vlad wrote:
?????

see my screenshots!!!

Dear vlad,
Thanks for your reply. As per your suggestion, i have created new user defined function for new line and created XSLT code for the mapping xsd files. Here we are converting from XSL code to XML string and in the converted xml string, I don't find any indication for any new lines. Moreover in XML message, how the new lines are denoted? Please find the created XSLT code,

XSLT CODE:
========

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
This file was generated by Altova MapForce 2013r2sp2

YOU SHOULD NOT MODIFY THIS FILE, BECAUSE IT WILL BE
OVERWRITTEN WHEN YOU RE-RUN CODE GENERATION.

Refer to the Altova MapForce Documentation for further details.
https://www.altova.com/mapforce
-->
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions" exclude-result-prefixes="xs fn">
<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/>
<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:variable name="var1_dexmlpackage" as="node()?" select="dexmlpackage"/>
<T24MailPackage>
<xsl:attribute name="xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation" namespace="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" select="'C:/Users/rashmeka/Documents/Altova/XSD/T24Email.xsd'"/>
<Email>
<xsl:for-each select="$var1_dexmlpackage">
<xsl:attribute name="id" select="fn:string(deheader/DE-REF)"/>
</xsl:for-each>
<Address>
<From>
<xsl:sequence select="fn:string(deheader/FROM)"/>
</From>
<ReplyTo>
<xsl:sequence select="fn:string(deheader/REPLY-TO)"/>
</ReplyTo>
<To>
<xsl:sequence select="fn:string(deheader/TO)"/>
</To>
<Cc>
<xsl:sequence select="fn:string(deheader/CC)"/>
</Cc>
<Bcc>
<xsl:sequence select="fn:string(deheader/BCC)"/>
</Bcc>
</Address>
<Message>
<xsl:attribute name="type" select="'&quot;&quot;'"/>
<Subject>
<xsl:sequence select="fn:string(deheader/SUBJECT)"/>
</Subject>
<xsl:variable name="var2_resultof_first" as="node()" select="demessage"/>
<xsl:variable name="var3_resultof_concat" as="xs:string" select="fn:concat(fn:codepoints-to-string(xs:integer('13')), fn:codepoints-to-string(xs:integer('10')))"/>
<Body>
<xsl:sequence select="fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:concat(fn:string($var2_resultof_first/TEXT.1), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/TEXT.2)), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/OPENINGSTMTDATE)), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/TEXT.3)), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/CLOSINGSTMTDATE)), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/TEXT.4)), $var3_resultof_concat), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/TEXT.5)), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/ACCOUNTID)), $var3_resultof_concat), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/TEXT.6)), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/CUSTOMERID)), $var3_resultof_concat), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/TEXT.7)), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/ACCTNAME1)), $var3_resultof_concat), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/TEXT.8)), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/CLOSINGCCYCODE)), $var3_resultof_concat), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/TEXT.9)), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/NO.OFENTRIES)), $var3_resultof_concat), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/TEXT.10)), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/OPENINGBALANCE)), $var3_resultof_concat), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/TEXT.11)), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/TEXT.12)), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/TEXT.14)), $var3_resultof_concat), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/SWIFTVALUEDATE)), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/ACCSERVICINGREF)), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/AMOUNT)), $var3_resultof_concat), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/TEXT.15)), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/CLOSINGBALANCE)), $var3_resultof_concat), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/TEXT.16)), fn:string($var2_resultof_first/TEXT.17))"/>
</Body>
</Message>
</Email>
</T24MailPackage>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

XML STRING:
=========

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><dexmlpackage><deheader><DE-REF>D20130818931735250301.7</DE-REF><FROM>ashwin.kumar@alubafbank.com</FROM><TO>aswin143@gmail.com</TO><REPLY-TO>ashwin.kumar@alubafbank.com</REPLY-TO><SUBJECT>Message to you</SUBJECT></deheader><demessage><TEXT.1>Your Account Statement for transactions carried </TEXT.1><TEXT.2>out between </TEXT.2><OPENINGSTMTDATE>26 AUG 2013</OPENINGSTMTDATE><TEXT.3> and </TEXT.3><CLOSINGSTMTDATE>27 AUG 2013</CLOSINGSTMTDATE><TEXT.4> is generated </TEXT.4><ACCOUNTID>10021003682</ACCOUNTID><TEXT.6>Customer No: </TEXT.6><CUSTOMERID>1003</CUSTOMERID><TEXT.7>Customer Name: </TEXT.7><ACCTNAME1>AL BARAKA BANK SUDAN</ACCTNAME1><CLOSINGCCYCODE>SAR</CLOSINGCCYCODE><TEXT.9>Total No of Transactions: </TEXT.9><NO.OFENTRIES>2</NO.OFENTRIES><TEXT.10>Balance at Period Start </TEXT.10><OPENINGBALANCE>-29683.71</OPENINGBALANCE><TEXT.11>Value Date </TEXT.11><TEXT.12>Reference </TEXT.12><TEXT.14>Amount </TEXT.14><SWIFTVALUEDATE>20130827</SWIFTVALUEDATE><SWIFTVALUEDATE>20130827</SWIFTVALUEDATE><ACCSERVICINGREF>FT132397D1DX</ACCSERVICINGREF><ACCSERVICINGREF>FT13239GBSMQ</ACCSERVICINGREF><AMOUNT>4084.35</AMOUNT><AMOUNT>1021.09</AMOUNT><TEXT.15>Balance at Period End </TEXT.15><CLOSINGBALANCE>-24578.27</CLOSINGBALANCE><TEXT.16>You can view the document or print it out by </TEXT.16><TEXT.17>saving the PDF file and opening it for viewing.</TEXT.17></demessage></dexmlpackage>

May i know the reason? Waiting for your reply. please inform for any other screenshots required on mapping.

Regards,
Ashwin Kumar.

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.