IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: eamankwahmanu
About
User Name: eamankwahmanu
Forum Rank: Member
Location Colorado
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 27
[0.15% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Using an Formated Excel document
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2015 10:20:59 PM
Hello Friends,

I am working with a trading partner who prefer their the excel document formatted based on the requirement.
I would like to know if it is possible to use an excel spreadsheet formatted using MapForce? MapForce always removes the formatting after adding data to the spreadsheet. Is there a way I can accomplish usage of a formatted spreadsheet in MapForce?

Any help is very much welcome

Topic: Merging two columns of an excel document
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 3:29:19 PM
I am good now, I found what I wanted at this link

http://manual.altova.com/mapforce/mapforcebasic/index.html?mffduplicating_input_items.htm
Topic: Merging two columns of an excel document
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 3:01:29 PM
Hello Advance members,

I have look through the examples provided by Altova and have not seen any example which shows how to merge two or more columns of a spreadsheet.

Please help me out on how I can accomplish this.

Thank you very much

Eamankwahmanu
Topic: Working with Folders in MapForce
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:40:03 PM
Thank you pfisher44 and island for your respond. The mappings are exported to java and run without the MapForce Server. I will look at both options to see which of them will help in this regard.
Topic: Working with Folders in MapForce
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2015 7:38:13 PM
Hello Advanced MapForce Experts,

I need help on this topic and will like to know if these functionalities are possible in MapForce:
1. the ability to make MapForce create folders during runtime
2. the ability to delete files during runtime.
3. making MapForce run DOS commands

These I know one of you experts might have accomplished.

Thank you for the help.

Eric
Topic: How to Create Multiple files based on Number of Records
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 7:12:47 PM
Hello Vlad
I appreciate this very much,

Thank you,

Eric
Topic: How to Create Multiple files based on Number of Records
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 2:33:16 PM
Hello Everyone,

I will gladly appreciate an assistant with a file generation process I am currently developing. I am supposed to create multiple files with each files containing 10,000 records and I have over 1million records, means I will be generating over 100 files.

Is there a way MapForce can do this without having to create multiple processes. I have been able to create about three files by using 3 process for each file and would not want to create over 100 processes for the over 100 files.

Please help me.

Thank you very much

Eric
Topic: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Posted: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 4:55:55 PM
Hello Guys,

I have been using MapForce 2013 SP1(x64) on a 64-bit Operating system ( windows 7 enterprise) for a while now and have not had issues until I experience this error recently. I had this property java update as (set ANT_OPTS=-Xms2048m -Xmx4096m) and I am still seeing this error. Has anyone seen this before and how did you resolve it. I was extracting 5 fields into a flat text file.

compile:

test:
[java] Mapping Application
[java] Connecting to test database...
[java]
[java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
[java] at com.altova.text.FileIO.readToEnd(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.altova.text.tablelike.Serializer.deserialize(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.altova.text.tablelike.Serializer.deserialize(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.altova.text.tablelike.Table.parse(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.altova.text.tablelike.Table.parse(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.mapforce.MappingMapToText_file$seq6_if_is_filename_with_wildcard$Enumerator.moveNext_2(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.mapforce.MappingMapToText_file$seq6_if_is_filename_with_wildcard$Enumerator.moveNext(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.mapforce.MappingMapToText_file$seq5_map$Enumerator.moveNext_2(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.mapforce.MappingMapToText_file$seq5_map$Enumerator.moveNext(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.mapforce.MappingMapToText_file$seq8_CoreAny$Enumerator.moveNext_2(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.mapforce.MappingMapToText_file$seq8_CoreAny$Enumerator.moveNext(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.altova.functions.Core.first(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.mapforce.MappingMapToText_file$seq2_filter$Enumerator.moveNext_2(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.mapforce.MappingMapToText_file$seq2_filter$Enumerator.moveNext(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.mapforce.MappingMapToText_file$seq1_map$Enumerator.moveNext_2(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.mapforce.MappingMapToText_file$seq1_map$Enumerator.moveNext(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.altova.text.MFTextWriter.write(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.mapforce.MappingMapToText_file.run(Unknown Source)
[java] at com.mapforce.MappingConsole.main(Unknown Source)

BUILD FAILED
Topic: can't get SELECT parameters to work on mapforce 2013 x64
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 4:37:41 PM
Hello ultrabeet ,

Have you had any updates on this since your last post. I was just wondering because I need to use such a functionality in my mapping and it seems I was getting the same error.

Please let me know how far you got with it
Topic: Out of Memory Error?
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:45:38 PM
Vlad,

Sometimes your response to postings rather make new users of this tool confused as to whether they were asking for help or asking for insults. In the quest to wanting to help people, you need to tone down the way you do it. I have read so many post of yours which ends up insulting the people who needs help and not for someone to tell them they are stupid or something. I am sure someone might have helped you along the way for you to have reached the level you are now.

So please respond to solutions and not insults. If you feel you cant help then do not respond at all to any post.

Thank you.
a concern user.

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.