IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: alessiodipaola
About
User Name: alessiodipaola
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: XSD Schema from EDI configuration files
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 10:44:23 AM
Hello, I wanted to ask those who have more experience on the MapForce product if it is possible, after creating a custom edi collection by modifying the configuration files, to generate an xsd scheme that shows the complete structure of the new EDI schema.

Thank you
Topic: Project code - Validate XML
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 2:59:13 PM
Ok, thank you very much!
Topic: Project code - Validate XML
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2021 3:24:38 PM
Hello everybody,

I have a question for those who have more experience using Altova MapForce.

If I try to map an EDIFACT file into an XML file, using an XSD schema, the fields are associated correctly and no errors are reported in the "Messages" box.

However, if the XSD file contains restrictions on some fields (example: limited domain values) it is possible to verify these errors only through "Output / Validate output files" and, if I try to generate the project code, I lose this functionality entirely.

Is there a way to ensure that the validation process is included in the mapping, especially at the generated code level?

Thanks so much

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.