IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: Pawel
About
User Name: Pawel
Forum Rank: Member
Location Poland
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 15
[0.08% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: User defined functions disappearing from mapping
Posted: Sunday, March 5, 2023 9:53:32 AM
Hello all,

I sometimes find that user defined functions are missing from already working mapping. Why is that? How can I prevent it from happening?
I am importing those user defined functions from other mappings using Add/Remove Libraries function to fix it - as a workaround.

Please see below attachment showing what I mean.

Thank you for support,

Pawel

Topic: Unable to download MapForce integration package
Posted: Sunday, March 5, 2023 9:42:39 AM
Hello all,

I would like to install MapForce integration package for my already old version of AltovaMapforce enterprise Ver 2019 rel. 3 sp1 (x64).

Can somebody tell me where I can find installation file? On Altova web page all I have is package for 2023 ver. which does not work with my installation.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

Pawel.
Topic: How to perform complete mapping set number of times? Limitation of REST server items in query
Posted: Sunday, April 3, 2022 5:24:16 PM
Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer regarding sourcing the server request with "group into blocks" function. It would help make the server request part of the solution neat.

I have one more question. Assuming there is more than one server request (there are more than 30 bank account numbers to check) will the second answer from the server using "group into blocks" function overwrite the first answer already provided by the server in output xls file "banka.xlsx"?

I have designed not such a neat solution althou working ( I've made an assumption that max number of bank accounts to check in one go is 90). Basicaly I am making a three separate simultanous requests to the server with 30 items (3 separate blocks of data in Excel source column) and also prepared 3 separate blocks for an answer in "banka.xlsx" file.

Pawel
Topic: How to perform complete mapping set number of times? Limitation of REST server items in query
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2022 6:19:06 PM
Hello all,

I have designed a mapping where I am using a REST server to validate if an entity is an active VAT tax payer. To perform this check I am using bank account numbers for different entitites.

At this point I am able to check up to 30 account numbers in one serve request (there is a limit set on a REST server to up to 30 bank accounts in one request)

The problem is when I will have more then 30 bank accounts to check in one go.
I would like to design a work around to this limitation.

Changed solution will have to be able in second, third, fourth complete mapping iteration to:

1. take next 30 items from source file "bank no column.xlsx" to prepare the REST server request.
2. Check where is an empty line in target file ("banka.xlsx" tab serwer answer) and fill next 30 lines with server answer from current request - there should already be there 30 lines from first mapping go. So generally start from 31 line, 61 line, 91 line etc.

I am attaching source file, target file and mapping design to this message.

I would be gratefull for any help in making this work.

Thank you for any intrest in my post!

Pawel
Topic: namespaces in mapping target xml file
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2022 5:17:23 PM
Hello all,

I have figured out what was the difference, when you enable the option "Connect matching children" to xml files mapping then the name spaces are copied to the target, but when you map source to target one by one ( "Connect matching children" dsabled) the name spaces are not copied.

Pawel
Topic: namespaces in mapping target xml file
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2022 7:17:38 AM
Hi all,

I am mapping data from one xml file to the other. I have a question how can I avoid having namespaces added into each node of the trget xml file? Schould I change something in "Component settings" of source xml file or target xml file. To source and target file I have attached an xsd schema file. I will attach an example of xml output wiith names spaces that I want to get rid of marked in yellow. Generally the problem with those namespaces is that the file is getting signifficantly bigger in size - I want to avoid that.

Part of the output file is from Excel source and part of the file is from xml file and this xml part of the mapping is a problem.

Any help will be grately appreciated!

Topic: XML files bulk edit only by find replace text
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2021 7:57:50 AM
Hello all,

I have asimple task to do but on many files - 1600.

I would need to open an xml file find value in text "1473" and replace with "1471" - change value in xml node (KodUrzedu) from 1473 to 1471 (this value occurs once in each file). save and close the file. Do this 1600 times.

I could of course create the mapping to copy all items from one xml file to the other and just change the value "KodUrzedu" with a constant but it would be I think much more complicated than it needs to be I guess.

I already know how to create mapping from multiple files to multiple files, I just need help with this find replace piece.

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Pawel.
Topic: Value Map - is there a limit to number of Value map items?
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2021 1:25:05 PM
Hi,

Can anyone please provide information fi there is any limitation to number of "Value Map" items I can use in mapping in Map Force Enterpriee desktop?

I am asking because I may need to do a "Value Map" of around 500 items and asking beforehand can I do it in one go (500 items in one Value Map Table) ?

I will be mapping one xml file to the other xml file.

Any answers will be highly appreciated.

Marry Christmas everyone!

Thank You,

Pawel.
Topic: REST API -URL forbidden characters
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:28:56 PM
Hello That,

Thank You for your help again, once I have changed the name of the parameter to "bank_accounts" everything started to work nicely.

I appreciate you support me in my Map Force beggining steps.

Pawel.
Topic: REST API -URL forbidden characters
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:39:37 PM
Hello all,

Just a thought. Should I report above case as a bug or support ticket to Altova?

I will wait couple more days to see if any answer appears and them I will probbably do it.

Pawel

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.