IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: diggers
About
User Name: diggers
Forum Rank: Member
Location UK
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 11
[0.06% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: SWIFT MT (ISO 15022)
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2020 4:01:09 PM
I've seen a few old posts asking for help and examples with SWIFT MT mappings such as MT 940 and MT 103. I have been struggling with this too so have an outline Flextext file for an MT 103. Is there still interest in this? If so I'll post it here once ready.
Topic: Newbie: Mapping XML to EDIFACT
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2020 3:57:27 PM
Can you post the source and target files, or better still attached your mfd including the source xml file.
Topic: MS Access - Datasource/Connection String as Input Component
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2019 9:45:43 AM
Hi,

I'm connecting to an MS Access database which could be stored anywhere on a user's PC so need to be able to provide the location of the database file as an Input component, same as I would do when providing the path and name for a file (see screenshot).

It there anyway to insert the database file path/name as an input parameter/component?

Topic: Flextext - Repeated Split, Records with Batch Summary Record
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:33:37 PM
I have a fixed width text file where each record type is identified by the first character. Record type 1 are individual transactions and they are in batches, the details of the batch are record type 2. I need to map out this format using Flextext but the batch detail (record type 2) is a summary, i.e. sequentially it comes after the related transactions (record type 1), not at the beginning.

If I use the repeated split and set the "line starts with" as 2, then it orpans the first record 1s, then treats record 2 as the batch header, and includes the record type 1s which follow it - so the whole thing is wrong. See the first picture attachment.

What I need to do seems to be either, do a repeated split, "line starts with" 2 but in reverse, i.e. from the bottom up, or I probably have to reverse the order of the lines in the source file. The desired result is in the second screenshot / attachment.

Am I missing something? It can't be this difficult - any help / advice appreciated.

Topic: Hierarchical XML to a flattened Excel File
Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:24:56 PM
that, I hope Altova recognises your efforts and dedication. That was a great answer and works perfectly. Hugely appreciated. It is this sort of assistance that really makes this product worth the money.
Topic: Hierarchical XML to a flattened Excel File
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2018 12:13:00 PM
Apologies if asked and answered (but cannot find a solution nor an example in the Mapforce sample projects).

I have a hierarchical xml file (so one of many parent element with zero or many child element) which I need to map to a "flattened" Excel file. I can obviously map the relevant fields but I am struggling to apply the correct logic/mapping so the correct number of Excel rows are created based on a combination of parent/child relationships.

For example, in the XML source file the parent node is a Payment. This will always exist at least once but could be many. A payment will have an amount, person to pay, payment ID etc.

The child node of the Payment is an Invoice. A payment can have zero or many invoices. An invoice can have an Invoice ID, amount, invoice date etc.

When a payment has invoice data, this is mapped to the Excel file, a row per invoice (obviously payment fields will be the same for invoices of the same payment so these values will repeat in these rows).

When a payment has no invoice data, there would only be a row for the payment, the invoice data fields would be empty.

The screenshot (hopefully) illustrates this - in this example, there are 2 payments (first in blue, second in green). The first payment has 2 invoices so 2 rows written to the Excel file. The second payment has no invoices so only one row written to the Excel file. The Excel file should therefore have three rows with data shown in the table.

Question: what xml element(s) do I map to the Rows field in the Excel to generate this output. If I use the Payment parent node, only 2 rows are generated (one for each payment). If I use the Invoice child node, only 2 rows are generated (one for each invoice in the first payment). What logic is required to generate 3 rows?

Note: In the second screenshot, the Payment parent node is called <CdtTrfTxnInf> and the Invoice child node is called <Strd>. I've also omitted some mappings for clarity.

Topic: Using Mapforce Output window with Excel 2013 - Error Excel crashes
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 6:36:55 PM
Here's the response from Altova:

Thank you. Upon checking our issues tracking database, have found that this is something we are in fact already aware of. Consequently I have added your report to the existing entry in order to bolster its chances of an early resolution. It currently has the tracking number and title:

"55836 - Viewing Excel output can hang MapForce"

..and will appear in the release notes here:

http://www.altova.com/Fixed_Defects.html

..when it is addressed.

Should a workaround become apparent once our developers have taken a look then I will be sure to let you know. In the meantime however, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks for bringing the matter to our attention - it's much appreciated.
Topic: Using Mapforce Output window with Excel 2013 - Error Excel crashes
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 7:12:32 PM
I have the same issue. Using Mapforce 2017 rel3 sp1 and Excel 2013 64bit. Tried both the 64 and 32 bit versions of Mapforce but neither work and I have to kill the Mapforce app.

Alix M wrote:
Hi, I have been successfully using Mapforce 2017 with various mapping MFD files alongside Excel 2010 for many months, and can see the XL output embedded in the mapforce output window.

Recently however, my MS Office suite has been upgraded to 2013, and since that happened, mappings no longer execute in the application, and I do not see the embedded EX window. Instead, mapforce and XL both crash, and I need to restart mapforce from task manager.

Some of my mappings have intermediate steps with text and XML outputs, I can see these running at execute time, it only fails (crashes) at the final stage when writing to XL.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Topic: FlexText - Stop CRLF Bing Inserted at eod of the file
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 6:05:59 AM
I have a flextext component which builds a fixed-length file and is mapped to from an xml file. All works fine except after the last field a carriage return/line feed is being inserted.

How do I prevent this?
Topic: MS E-Invoice Excel to XML - Excel Row Identifier to XML Node
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2017 8:59:40 PM
Thanks for the steer. One more question (for now)...

In the first "Group Starting With" where I am looking for the "H" groups, it finds them but it also creates the first group for everything before the first "H". Now I know this is by design but how do I discard the first group?

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.