IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: b_verberne
About
User Name: b_verberne
Forum Rank: Member
Location Netherlands
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 13
[0.07% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Alternative picture
Posted: Friday, February 1, 2019 10:37:09 AM
Is it possible to use an alternative picture when a referred picture isn't found?
The problem is that the filename of the referred picture is built dynamically, that works, when there are 4 pictures inside all of them are displayed. However when a picture doesn't exist I would like to see that, for example by using an alternative picture (with a red cross) so it will become visible that a picture is missing.
I can use 'ALT' text that works for the HTML output, unfortunately not on the PDF.
Topic: Fill dynamic table in column mode
Posted: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 9:59:23 AM
Thanks, that helped me a bit further, still struggling with some other things, but I'll try to find it out by myself first.
Topic: Fill dynamic table in column mode
Posted: Monday, May 7, 2018 9:04:45 AM
I've created a dynamic table showing an ID + description. It's possible to concatenate these values. Is it possible to fill the table in column mode, restricted to 3 columns, when full it should add an extra row?

Like below:

Dynamic table:

value 1 | value 2 | value 3
value 4 | value 5 | value 6
value 7 | |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topic: Difference in output "Authentic eForm" and others like HTML etc.
Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 2:05:25 PM
I'm filtering content in a table, however the output between the 'Authentic eForm' and 'HTML, RTF and PDF' is different.
The rows I see in the XPath expression are the ones I see in the 'Authentic eForm'. The problem is I don't see the same rows on the other output formats. Is this a bug in StyleVision or am I doing something wrong?

Below you'll find the "Template Match" I'm using, the problem might be related to the fact that de 'LogisticCorrectionAlternativeType' filter I'm using on the 'MaterialWorkInstruction', doesn't exist in the other elements:

( MaterialWorkInstruction[LogisticCorrectionAlternativeType != 'Obsolete'] | TextWorkInstruction | AdditionalWorkInstruction | QualityWorkInstruction )[ IsPickList = true() and ( MaterialDescription or AdditionalText ) ]
Topic: Alternate background color in dynamic table
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 12:32:02 PM
Thank you very much!!! You helped me a lot!
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 10:56:37 AM
I'd like the empty line to be filtered out (like the second screenshot)
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:26:12 AM
vlad wrote:
The easiest would be to remove conditional processing, and change the parent template instead:

( MaterialWorkInstruction | TextWorkInstruction | AdditionalWorkInstruction | QualityWorkInstruction )[ IsPickList = true() ]

I changed the parent template and I think I'm almost there. In the example line 2 and 3 are still shown in the same color, probably related to an empty line that will be filtered.
When I preview with 'Authentic eForm' I see the empty line, when I preview in HTML or PDF the empty line is not shown (that's what I want), but in that case the 2 lines are in the same color.
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:02:22 AM
vlad wrote:
Can you attach your sample (all files SPS, XML, schema). It will be easier to show you how-to

I'll add the files, thanks in advance
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:20:33 AM
I'm searching for a solution to alternate the background color of a table. I've the alternating working with XPATH "if ( position() mod 2 ) then "white" else "navajowhite"" on the "bgcolor" of the table row, however when I use a condition on the table filtering out some values, the alternating isn't working correctly.
It seems that the alternating is working on the whole set and not on the filtered values.
Has someone an idea how to fix this?

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.