IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: WillemF
About
User Name: WillemF
Forum Rank: Newbie
Location South Africa
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.03% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Source-code control check-in error
Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2016 8:01:02 AM
Using UModel Enterprise 2016 x64 sp1.

For a while everything has been working fine - we are using the Visual Studio 2010 Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider (64-bit) for UModel, connecting to MS Team Foundation Server Version 9.0.21022.8.

We can always check out/connect to/ etc. the TFS projects and most times we can check in fine, but sometimes we get the following message box error:

"Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow."

Any ideas, work-arounds? We would appreciate any and all help on this one.

We are also running multiple Visual Studio solutions and projects in the same TFS repository which all works fine, so we are pretty sure it's not TFS.
Topic: UModel plugin menus refuse to die
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 11:25:09 AM
Thanks a million - that did the trick - running UModel AFTER de-installing the plugin is the key.
Topic: UModel plugin menus refuse to die
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:38:50 AM

I have a C# plugin that provides the standard menu interface on the UModel UI using UModelConfig.xml as prescribed in the help documentation. I have removed and updated menus using the 'Remove' and 'Add' actions, but the prior menu text still remains as before although the functionality works as currently updated. I have de-installed and re-installed the plugin using a Visual Studio deployment project (setup.exe + MSI). The setup works fine and UModel works correctly but the menu 'ghosts' still remain.

I have tried all of the following:

1. De-/re-installed the plugin (many times)
2. Manually removed the registry entries as documented in the UModel help file;
3. Removed all the files and folders that the deployment project creates;
4. Correctly applied the Remove/Add actions in the XML config file; and
5. Re-created the deployment setup package using a different version and product code.

Any help will be appreciated.
Topic: Copy/paste or move package programmatically
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2016 9:03:04 AM
Got this working using a keyboard input simulator library. I used the open source package: Windows Input Simulator (C# SendInput wrapper) which is on GitHub, and NuGet. This worked for me because the 'Copy from' and 'Paste to' packages are fixed at the same location in the Model Treeview everytime.
Code:
// Select the package.
UModel.ActiveDocument.FocusUMLDataInModelTree(package, true, true);
// Copy the package.
// Keyboard is the default 'IKeyboardSimulator' interface implementer.
Keyboard.ModifiedKeyStroke(VirtualKeyCode.CONTROL, VirtualKeyCode.VK_C);
// Select paste-to package.
// Navigate up.
Input.Keyboard.KeyPress(VirtualKeyCode.UP);
... // etc.
// Navigate right.
Input.Keyboard.KeyPress(VirtualKeyCode.RIGHT);
... // etc.
// Paste the package.
Keyboard.ModifiedKeyStroke(VirtualKeyCode.CONTROL, VirtualKeyCode.VK_V);

I also found that you could pass over some dialog boxes by simulating keystrokes prior to the UModelLib operation that pops up the dialog box. It may also work work using 'System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys', but have not tried.

It's a heck-of-a kludge, but currently works fine for me. Would be great though if a formal API exists to move and copy-paste packages.
Topic: Copy/paste or move package programmatically
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2016 8:35:04 AM

Is there any way I can programmatically (using C# with UModelLib and UModelPluginLib API's) copy and paste or move a package from one parent node to another, emulating the UI function doing this in the Model Tree View?

'Include Subproject' does not work for me as it maintains the tree structure of the included subproject. I require to move/copy an entire branch to lower branch in the model tree.

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.