IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: mkirkpatrick
About
User Name: mkirkpatrick
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.03% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: How to move all files of a directory to the ftp server
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 1:17:20 PM
I'm not sure I follow your question. If I understand correctly, you are wanting to get a list of sub-directories on a remote FTP server. This is not possible with FlowForce's built-in ftp functions.

You could set up a command line ftp client on the machine that houses the FlowForce server. You could then use the \system\shell\commandline function to connect to the remote ftp server, then call "dir" to list the directories. This will return a result to FlowForce, which you should be able to convert to a sequence using the other built-in functions.

Not sure if this is what you're after, but hopefully it helps a little.
Topic: FlowForce get system date
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 6:28:58 PM
This is exactly what I have done, but in this case it's a matter of efficiency and process control, not just "solving the problem". One of the selling points for Altova's software is that setting up FlowForce jobs does not require a high level of technical knowledge. When a simple and common task like getting the system date requires creating a batch file, you've raised the barrier of entry.

If I want someone with limited technical knowledge to create a job that requires the system date, I can't rely on them being able to figure this out. Instead, I need to put together the FlowForce step myself, or tell them "copy and paste this super long string to execute a batch file... Don't ask how it works".

It's not that it's super hard to work around; there's just simply no excuse not to have it.
Topic: How to move all files of a directory to the ftp server
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 6:26:44 PM
This is an old topic, but I'll post some advice anyway. In your FlowForce job, you want a new for-each step. Then use the list-files function to get all the files inside the directory. Inside the loop, use filename-with-extension (or just filename) to get the name of the individual file so you can move/ftp it.

The result looks like this.
Topic: Own DLL into Mapforce Server
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 6:14:19 PM
Unfortunately, this does not seem to be possible. I also found this feature a little misleading because it sounds great, but then you realize there are limitations... The custom DLLs are intended for use when you generate code from MapForce into the target language.
Topic: Export XML data based on specific data condigion
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 6:04:58 PM
A bit more simply, there is a function called "starts-with". This allows you to check if the value starts with a given substring.

Just so you are aware, this is a string function, so your input value will be converted to a string, but it can do this implicitly so that poses no problem.

Also, using the regular expression the other poster provided would assume that your input value only has standard alphanumeric characters, so you would have to adjust it if you needed any symbols or accented characters. Using starts-with will avoid this potential issue altogether. If you had more complex requirements, match-pattern would be the way to go, but it's not strictly necessary in this case. :)
Topic: FlowForce get system date
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 6:00:38 PM
It seems pretty silly that FlowForce does not have a built-in function or expression to get the server's system date and time. MapForce has the "now" function, and I could make a silly little mapping that just returns now as an output... But it seems really silly to have to go through a MapForce mapping to get at information related to the server itself. FlowForce should support this natively, and it would be a trivial feature to add.

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.