IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: AdamInternational
About
User Name: AdamInternational
Forum Rank: Member
Location Toronto
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 22
[0.12% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Using a Choose step to check a string
Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 8:40:17 PM
Hello all, hoping I can get a little bit of help here!

I’m using an execute step (and a system/compute-string) to look at a file, and then another system/compute-string to grab the substring of a portion of the file , and then hoping I can use a choose step to check on whether the string grabbed is equal to a string I provide, and if it is , to then execute another step.

My issue is that I’m unsure of the framing within the choose step. I have identifier = ‘value’ , but it’s telling me the expression isn’t valid. Do I need to use brackets, etc?
Topic: Sending result file as an e-mail
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 3:57:06 AM
I've created an output called "filename" as well as the x12 output, but am not quite able to figure out how to use stdout to get the variable.

Do I place this in an execution step, or can I just use a function to call it in the attachment area?

Would be great help to let me know how best to accomplish this!

Best

Adam
Topic: Flowforce Server FTP issues
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 2:30:05 AM
Here's a screenshot of my settings for the FTP transfer, and what happens with the file (it uploads the name, but with 0 bytes)

If anyone can see where I'm going wrong, please let me know! This is the last component that I need to make everything work smoothly

Adam
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 7:56:37 PM
With passivemode disabled, I'm able to send the file name, but with 0 bytes. With it enabled, it doesn't even send the filename.

I can send a file (and with the proper bytes) using Filezilla

Adam
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 7:52:06 PM
Perfect! Thanks much for this :-)

Adam
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 2:48:10 AM
I've set up an execution to move a file from the hard drive to an ftp, and it all works fine, except for the file landing on the ftp has 0 bytes.

Any idea what's going on there, and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Adam
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 1:24:48 AM
Is there a way to do this? I've got the e-mail all set up and it'll send one, but it asks for a specific name for the attachment, and the file name is dynamic based upon entries within the mapforce mapping.

Any thoughts?

Adam
Topic: Parameter is locked due to a duplicate file name
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 1:30:58 AM
I changed the name from 856 and it worked fine as a result. Thanks for the note!
Topic: Parameter is locked due to a duplicate file name
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:40:14 PM
I've been setting up a mapping for automation, and where I'm supposed to have a dynamic filename, it won't let me alter it, giving the error

This parameter is locked due to a duplicate name.

Anyone else ran into this and had this problem?

I'll upload a zip with all my pertinent mapping in it, but I've gone through, and can't see where I can alter things

I've set up other mappings, and they all work fine. This is the only one I'm having an issue with

Thanks!

Adam
Topic: Autonumber
Posted: Monday, March 6, 2017 2:28:13 AM
Attached is an output EDI that I'm trying to map from an excel database (also attached). I've got all the mapping working EXCEPT the numbers in the HL lines

The first number after HL I use Autonumber for, but for the second number in the "D" line and on the "I" line I need to do some math on using the current generated autonumber ()for the "D" line I need to subtract 1 from the first number, and for the "I" line I need to have the number calculated for the "D" line plus 1, used for all the entries)

Anytime I try to do any math with the Autonumber , it ends up screwing up the entire sequence. Is there a way to do that, or do I have to use some other type of function?

Adam

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.