IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: wriley
About
User Name: wriley
Forum Rank: Member
Location Plymouth, Michigan
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 17
[0.09% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Upload file with HTTP request
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2023 2:43:26 PM
Unfortunately, I am out of any great ideas on this one.

You could open a support ticket with Altova directly and they may have better guidance.
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2023 2:05:20 PM
You could trying to a Content-Type header, may not work but can't hurt try.

This screenshot shows the concept.

https://www.screencast.com/t/tOY8N522FZTI
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2023 1:15:01 PM
I don't know if this can be done directly from MapForce desktop but I did have a similar need that support was able to help me conquer, and kudos to them because it was at the time a hard nut to crack.

That being said if you have FlowForce Server, and MapForce Server (might require advanced editions of both) you may be able to use the details in the screenshot link below to achieve your goal.

https://www.screencast.com/t/jTT4sGp586vI

Alternatively it may give you enough details to work this from the desktop.

Topic: Access String Output
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2023 1:53:39 PM
Please see attached screenshot for an example of this.

In the example the compute step returns the value of the output as a string using the statement content(stdout(orderNumberAtomic)).

If you need to do use the value as a number you would need a second step to change the datatype, the second attachment shows how I THINK this looks, but I did not test so that part may need some tweaking.
Topic: XML to Excel- variable number of columns
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2021 5:56:34 PM
Davy,

I can see where to duplicate inputs, and control the column number, but I don't see any connection for 'Column Name'

Would you be able to supply a screenshot of how that looks for getting column headers in from strings?
Topic: Result doesn't pass for error/success handling
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2021 1:22:17 PM
You should be able to get the output of the Error Handling step by declaring a variable (for lack of a better word), in the 'Assign this step's result to field.

This screenshot shows an example of it.

Hope this helps

Topic: FTP move
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:43:03 PM
If you are on FlowForce 2021 you can use the system/ftp/retrieve-wildcard feature for this.

Not sure if you can move directly inside the FTP though, you may need to move the file local and then upload to the desired directory on the FTP.

Topic: oAuth 2.0
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 8:40:49 PM
I am just curious if anyone has experience with the oAuth2 credential feature of FlowForce Server Advanced.

I am using it to access an Azure application and I can get the initial set of tokens at the credential level without any issues.

I can then run the flowforce job to retrieve the data desired from Azure.

But, once the authorization token expires, the flowforce job fails with a 401 not authorized error even though there is a refresh token in the credential that should allow the server to get a new token to run the job with.

So, if anyone has had the same issue and has been able to solve please share.

For the record, Altova Support has been fantastic at working with me to try and correct this but so far we have not sorted out the issue.

Thank you,
W.Riley
Topic: Dual input CSV (hdr / det) to flat structure
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2021 7:23:30 PM
Julian,

You may want to try this with the Join Component, it may lend itself to this well.

It is covered pretty well in the help file, and for a quick review here is a link to a screen shot to part of the help section about it.

https://www.screencast.com/t/AnMQqK296WM0

No guarantee it is the path forward but worth a look I think.

Topic: Flowforce on AWS
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2021 7:11:38 PM
This may not be directly applicable, but we have our server deployed in Azure on a VM with the appropriate cores to match our licensing and have had no issues.

Again AWS may be totally different.

For support I typically just go through the link form their website https://www.altova.com/support/supportform

Hope any of this was useful.

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.