IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: SetMatch
About
User Name: SetMatch
Forum Rank: Member
Location Newport News, VA USA
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 16
[0.09% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Outputting empty xml tags (xsi:nil)
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2018 8:44:49 PM
I am mapping data from our SQL database into a client defined xml/xsd. Several complex elements have nillable="true". When mapping from a table to the parent element and there is no record, the output keeps the closing tag without any data. This is causing issues for my client who is attempting to map data from the xml into their application(s). How can keep non-existent records from producing a closing tag in the xml output?

Below is an example of the Element definition:
<xs:element name="MedicareIDRecords" nillable="true">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
<xs:element ref="MedicareIDRecord" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

Here is the output when no record is present: <MedicareIDRecords/>. I do not want this tag present in the output.

Any suggestions helpful. I did check topics but have not seen an answer to this issue.

Thanks!
Topic: CSV to xml not outputting required attribute
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 7:47:28 PM
Thank You That!
Topic: CSV to xml not outputting required attribute
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 6:05:43 PM
Hi, this is my first time mapping to xml. My schema has a required attribute "Specifier" that must be present in the xml and can be |A|E|.
<xs:element name="LicenseRecords">
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element ref="LicenseRecord" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:element>
<xs:element name="LicenseRecord">
<xs:attribute name="LicenseType" use="required">
<xs:simpleType>
<xs:restriction base="riLicenseType">
<xs:maxLength value="3"/>
<xs:minLength value="2"/>
</xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleType>
</xs:attribute>
<xs:attribute name="LicenseState" use="required">
<xs:restriction base="riStateCodes">
<xs:length value="2"/>
<xs:attribute name="LicenseStartDate" use="required">
<xs:restriction base="riDate"/>
<xs:attribute name="LicenseNumber" use="required">
<xs:restriction base="riAlphaNumeric">
<xs:minLength value="1"/>
<xs:maxLength value="12"/>
<xs:attribute name="LicenseEndDate" use="required">
<xs:restriction base="riDate"/>
<xs:attribute name="LicenseStatus" use="required">
<xs:restriction base="riTypeStatus">
<xs:length value="1"/>
<xs:attribute name="Specifier" use="required">
<xs:restriction base="riSpecifier">
<xs:minLength value="0"/>
<xs:maxLength value="1"/>

<xs:simpleType name="riSpecifier">
<xs:restriction base="xs:string">
<xs:pattern value="A|E|"/>

The sample csv has a blank value for the Specifier. My Mapforce output looks like this:

<LicenseRecords>
<LicenseRecord LicenseType="PA" LicenseState="RI" LicenseStartDate="2013-03-25" LicenseNumber="PA3456" LicenseEndDate="2382-12-31" LicenseStatus="A"/>
</LicenseRecords>

Any suggestion how to insure that the attribute Specifier="" will appear in the above Mapforce output?

Thanks
Topic: Generating Line Numbers from EDI 835 to SQL
Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2018 5:07:42 PM
Hi all, I was actually able to use several auto-number functions to assign these. Thanks!
Topic: Source Component Resets Timeout back to 60 seconds
Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 9:55:01 PM
I am using MapForce 2018 sp1 and am experiencing a vexing behavior.

The data source is a series of SQL views. I set this component's Timeout for State Execution to Infinite but every time I map data from it or re-check the component settings if is automatically reverting the Timeout to the default of 60 Seconds. This is causing problems when I compile the map for running on MapForce Server since the map times out and never finishes.

Is anyone else witnessing this behavior? Any ideas how to get it to STOP???

Thanks
Topic: Generating Line Numbers from EDI 835 to SQL
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:10:20 PM
Hi,

I am trying to map from the HIPAA 835 into SQL tables that all have primary keys that are set up to enable them to be referenced using keys generated from a specific 835. For example the primary key for the CLAIM table is ClaimID; the LINE_ITEM table primary key is the ClaimID plus the Line Number; the primary key for the LINE_ITEM_CAS is the ClaimID plus the LineID plus the CAS01 value; etc.

My problem arises when the 835 contains claims with multiple lines but NO line item numbers are included in the REF segments.

The 835 had contained line numbers when there was more than one line; otherwise when there was no line number, it was defaulted to '1.' This former solution results in duplicate primary keys in the LINE_ITEM and child tables.

I am searching for a way to generate a sequential line item number when there are multiple SVC segments per CLP parent.

I can count the number of lines using the count function, but cannot see how to generate a line sequence.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Craig
Topic: EDI Extra Repetition of 'DTM'
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 4:37:58 PM
I'm using v2016 r2 sp1 and yes, I get the same error: Extra repetition of 'DTM'; Path: Interchange(1 of 1..*)/Group(1 of 1..*)/DTM(2 of 0..1): Location: line 1, column 5208.

When I check the location in a text editor, it's in the GE segment of the 835. I'm stumped and appreciate your help!
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2017 9:03:28 PM
I've added the 835. Thanks!
Posted: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 1:55:25 PM
I am receiving an error 'Extra Repetition of 'DTM'' when I run a test 835 to SQL tables. The 835 appears to be kicking the error, but when I've run it through a transaction validator, while there are other errors (missing 'AMT' segments), there IS NOT an extra DTM. I can run the map on my desktop but when the code is promoted to the server, this error will stop the map from running.

Can anyone see what I am missing?

Thanks!
Topic: SQL Views as Source
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 7:46:50 PM
I am creating several maps that utilize SQL views as the data source. Some of these views contain complex business logic. The maps have between 1 to 5 views as source(s). The targets are all csv.

The maps are running extremely slow; ~1 hour to return 500 rows. I believe the problem is that these views are being generated from the operational data store tables rather than setting up and using staging tables as the view sources.

MY QUESTION:
When multiple views are used as the source data and are being mapped into csv where there is one record per line, are the views re-generated for each line of output?

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.