IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: Alex F
About
User Name: Alex F
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Location Global
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 30
[0.17% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Implementing these XSLT snippets with various XML files & Execute in XML Spy
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 1:19:13 PM
Help: Implementing these XSLT snippets with various XML files & Execute in XML Spy?

So its been 10+ years since I played properly with XSLT and I'm rusty and I doubt if I will get the full swing back since I havent coded in years. But once in a while I like to experiment.

So, I posted this on SO and got a good answer in terms of Xpath expressions I think, I am just rusty on how to implement this Xpath expression in a proper XSL file with my XML files & XML Spy.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43730689/find-matching-non-matching-elements-between-2-plist-xml-files

A small working XSL file would really help.

Thanks.
Topic: Does StyleVision support generation of these specific Word XML Word ML List Numbering Bullet Markup?
Posted: Tuesday, June 3, 2014 5:21:14 PM
On a similar line of question:

Can we change or modify the INDENT / INDENTATION space in bullets / bulleted lists ?

By default in Word DOCX output it shows up as: 0.25" Is it possible to change or customize the Indent Hang via some properties in StyleVision?
Topic: Insert Xpath expression filter in StyleVision & Map boolean attribute to CheckBoxes in Authentic
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 6:20:28 PM
vlad wrote:
No idea what you are doing. No idea what is wrong. Spent enough time on this - logging out...

I understand and I appreciate your help in trying. Basically it's a simple Document Tree with Sections and Sub Sections and so on .. each having their own 'xsl' template match / apply i.e. Global Templates or whatever they are called.

And all I want to achieve is be able to 'unselect' sub-trees/ branches/ leaves of the Document Tree's content via Authentic View using simple a Checkbox as Enabler/ Disabler for EVERY section/ sub-section.

The rest is simply giving different Styles/ Formatting/ Colors/ Sizes etc. I'll try to build it back up from ground.
Topic: Insert Xpath expression filter in StyleVision & Map boolean attribute to CheckBoxes in Authentic
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 6:59:53 PM
vlad wrote:
No idea what you are doing. No idea what is wrong. Spent enough time on this - logging out...

Wow. Thank you for trying. I figured I was just not good enough or thorough.

So you do think the XPath expression on the DF is not at error.. ? As long as that is without issue, then I can try to the following approach.

Do you think it might better to take your Mini Schema and incrementally build it up to my larger Schema to see what might be causing it to not work?

Thoughts/ Ideas? Suggestions on how I should approach this?
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:36:54 AM
vlad wrote:
I've looked inside, but I do not understand one thing - you have created a Design Fragment, but have never used it - how is it supposed to work?

Any luck with using, or fixing the design fragment and its application across the Schema?

It worked fine with your mini-schema, so it should not have an issue working on the full schema/ xsls. What I am wondering is, what is causing it, what small piece or small change that will fix it?
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:50:15 PM
vlad wrote:
I've looked inside, but I do not understand one thing - you have created a Design Fragment, but have never used it - how is it supposed to work?

I used it several times in several places and pretty much everywhere there was (Content) just as you had done in your example.

For some reason it would not work - I tried working around it with lots of changes and even wrote down in detail the differences (in previous posts above). Eventually, I cleaned it out and tried a very small incremental approach and used it once somewhere in there and it still did not work.

I think it is 95% done. I followed all the fundamentals I derived from your Sample. Not sure if there is a bug in the DF or somewhere else.
Not sure, what and where something is missing and causing it to not work, like the Sample you had created and shared.

Can you please replicate that into this package I sent to you? Something that I have not been able to debug or work around for weeks now.

Maybe its already correct, but I am not sure where / what I am doing wrong.
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 10:19:18 PM
vlad wrote:
Just came back - don't see any relevant files.

Sorry. I put up the file and requested no one else download it. People have no respect.

I saw both files were downloaded one time and 2 times and then I removed it and assumed you got it. I dont want everyone access to it, but I can put it up again and if you can please EMAIL me the fix that would be great. (You can post here when you emailed the solution.)

Here it is. Please reply HERE, when you get the FILES so I can remove it.
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 8:45:48 PM
File was downloaded one time. I am assuming 'Vlad' that you got it. Thank you for helping. I really appreciate it.

Let me know what I was doing wrong / mistake and whenever you fix and email the solution. Thank you. Merci buco (I hope spelling is right. Since you are in Mauritius).
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:52:27 AM
vlad wrote:
If you have a fully designed SPS where some minor thing doesn't work - attach everything here - I will take a look.

But if you are still on the beginning - the only way to go is Altova Consulting.

This is only for Vlad. I'd appreciate if others respect this and do not download this.

Can you please send me back the solution by email? As a link or attachment.

The piece that is missing is the one you had done with Design Fragment. I tried recreating it into this Schema and for some reason it's not working.

I am wondering if it has to do with the Schema or XPath expression. (I also tried to express the differences in previous posts but I think without the actual example to COMPARE against the Schema sample you made it was not clear what was not working from my side.

Thanks.
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2014 5:51:52 AM
Vlad. For some reason I have not been able to find the bug that's stopping it from working on my Schema.

Can I send you a copy of this privately? Email or upload and share with you? I might be missing something small or small error in XPath or something.

Please message me your email /etc and I will send it for your review - Seems like some small mistake or thing I am missing.

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.