IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: Techteam
About
User Name: Techteam
Forum Rank: Member
Location D
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 21
[0.12% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Extract sub string by regex
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2023 8:14:00 AM
Hi
thanks for your answer and solution,
but my string would have multiple matches and so your solution doesn't work.

Topic: Extract sub string by regex
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2023 2:41:47 PM
Hi,
I get several event descriptions in one file.
These contains strings (similar to coordinates), which I want to extract using regular expressions.

Code:
There was an attack on Town#1234 (1234X 5789Y), other affected fields are 1254X 78543Y, 4576X 79655Y, 54657X 76867Y. Some more informations ....

My RegEx: \(?\d{4,6}\s\d{4,6}\)?,?

It seems that MapForce has only methods to check if the regex matches to a string or tokenize by a regex.

Is there an option to extract all this values with the regex like possible in Java, JS ....

I need to use the Builtin - Processor.

Thanks
Heiko

Topic: How do I format X-Axis values ofa Line-Chart?
Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 8:48:26 AM
Hi

I try to format my date values of the x-axis for a line-chart.

If I use the format-date function inside the chart config I've got the message:

XPST0017: The function call 'format-date' does not match the name of a function in the static context

Is there any other position to the format these values?

The image shows the full date but, I only want <month.year>

Thanks in advance

Heiko

Topic: XMLSpy 2017r3 broken HelpFile
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2017 1:40:19 PM
Hi,

I have updated my Missionkit to Version 2017r3 (Enterprise/German/64bit).

Now, the XMLSpy.chm is broken and can't open under Windows 7.

All other help files works as expected.
Topic: Howto avoid empty parent elements on target ?
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 11:17:57 AM
Hi,

I try to build a report based on database entries.
For each department I load
- some data from the last year
and
- some data, with more details, from the last month.

It works well, if I have data on both parts, but if an department has no data for the last month, MapForce generate still an parent element and invalidates the result file.

How can I avoid these?

Thanks in advance

Heiko

Here are a simplyfied schema, mapping and result.

Topic: [SV Server] Selectable Outputformat for Jobs on Http Services
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:12:47 AM
At the moment I try to evaluate the Flow/Mapforce/StyleVision Server functions.

An interesting workflow for us would be:

- Our central office / technicans define a job up from database over mappings till the style vision template.
- Upload to the server and provide a job as http service.
- Users could be start the job over the url - submit some required parameter and get the result in the required format.

The first point's work as wanted, but if we define more than one output format on the style vision result, we got the first one and no possibility to select an resulting format like pdf or docx.

The only possibility I found are, to define different jobs, but this is not realy the wanted solution.

Is the any othe way to selecet / define the result format on the url?

Topic: Predefined Word-Styles
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 2:31:34 PM
At the moment I evaluate the new version of Stylevision.

There is an option to generate a new sps from a word document.

This works with its formated content.

But the resulting new world document doesn't use the predefineds styles of the original file.

So we loose the styles of our corprate design and must be reformationg the complete content.

It there a possibility to use the predefined styles of a word file on the finished product?

Greetings

Heiko
Topic: Working with Word XSLT Template
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:16:56 AM
Hi vlad,
thanks for your answers.

I do some more test with RaptoXML and saxon, I have some success.

On RaptorXML:
If you uses even a MS Word xslt template from StyleVision, the output option must be not a file, it must be a directory, where into this RaptorXML generate all files.
RaptorXMLDev.exe" xslt --input=T:\QuickStart.xml --output=T:\QuickOutputFOLDER T:\QuickStart.xslt

So it seems, raptor doesn't create docx (zip) files himself, or do I have to set some special properties for this????

On saxon:
After some modifications on the generated MS Word xslt template of the QuickStart example , at the criticized "date method" and add a special jar with an charset implementation for the xslt "binarytobase64" function (Used to embed images), saxon does also generate all the files into the target directory.

The xslt based on the my updated sps file, doesn't work, at the moment, but I will try to rebuild the report and maybe than it will work.

Using a central RaptorXML and/or FlowServer solution, will have some charm, but before I can propose this to my bosses, there are two things to check / must be working.
- I have to evaluate, how does the java interface works and what I've got as result (especially in conjunction with the word templates) there.
- My big problem is with the creation of templates with StyleVision itself. The generated MS Word XSLT templates produces the final documents within his own style defintions and do not use any existing default, for example the headings.
The documents produced by our process but usually provide only a fraction of a complete document and the complete document must be in a corporate design.
In consequence of this proportion must in transferring data from one document to another, are always reformatted by hand.

A nice solution would be if you can assign a CSS file analogous to the html generation for MS Word (pdf) generation could assign a Word template.

Greetings
Heiko
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:43:19 AM
Untill now we are using the java version of Saxon (http://sourceforge.net/projects/saxon/)
And with the 2009er version we build our own docx container around the transfromation output.

But now there are errors on saxon before I've got any output.
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:26:01 AM
Hi,
Since some years we are using StyleVison to generate the xslt templates for html, pdf and docx files to produce reports over a java application with saxon and fop.
This works well for html and pdf.

And with the old templates of StyleVision 2009 it works also halfway well for MS Word docx files.

Now we have to do some changes inside the reports and I use the current StyleVision 2013 rel2 EE to update these, but the only thing I get now are errors.

1. My own updated template on saxon:
Error at xsl:variable on line 1781 column 300 of Testdocx.xslt:
XPTY0020: Axis step child::element(Q{}Class) cannot be used here: the context item is not a node
Error at xsl:variable on line 1795 column 312 of Testdocx.xslt:
XPTY0020: Axis step child::element(Q{}Class) cannot be used here: the context item is not a node
Error on line 1781 of Testdocx.xslt:
Error on line 1795 of Testdocx.xslt:

1781:
<xsl:variable name="nodeClassInfo" select="if (altova:CharacterProperties/altova:DynamicClass) then $altova:nodeCssClasses/Class[@sSelector eq current()/altova:CharacterProperties/altova:DynamicClass/@sValue and ($altova:sCssSwitch eq '' or @sFile eq $altova:sCssSwitch)] else ()" as="node()*"/>

1795:
<xsl:variable name="nodeClassInfo" select="if ($nodePassed/altova:ParagraphProperties/altova:DynamicClass) then $altova:nodeCssClasses/Class[@sSelector eq $nodePassed/altova:ParagraphProperties/altova:DynamicClass/@sValue and ($altova:sCssSwitch eq '' or @sFile eq $altova:sCssSwitch)] else ()" as="node()*"/>

2. The Example QuickStart.xml with a generated xslt template from the sps on saxon:
Warning: on line 215 of Quickstart.xslt:
Required item type of first argument of month-from-date() is xs:date; supplied value has
item type xs:double. The expression can succeed only if the supplied value is an empty sequence.
Required item type of first argument of year-from-date() is xs:date; supplied value has
item type xs:double. The expression can succeed only if the supplied value is an empty sequence.
Required item type of first argument of month-from-date() is xs:date; supplied value has
Required item type of first argument of year-from-date() is xs:date; supplied value has
The only value that can pass type-checking is an empty sequence. Required item type of
first argument of month-from-date() is xs:date; supplied value has item type xs:double
The only value that can pass type-checking is an empty sequence. Required item type of
first argument of year-from-date() is xs:date; supplied value has item type xs:double
first argument of month-from-date() is xs:date; supplied value has item type xs:double
first argument of year-from-date() is xs:date; supplied value has item type xs:double
Error on line 215 of Quickstart.xslt:
FORG0001: Failure converting {2006-04-01} to a number
in variable altova:DocumentMonolith
in variable altova:nodesAllSeparateDocuments
; SystemID: file:/T:/Quickstart.xslt; Line#: 215; Column#: -1
net.sf.saxon.trans.XPathException: Failure converting {2006-04-01} to a number

3. The Example QuickStart.xml with a generated xslt template from the sps on RaptorXMLDev:
OK - saxon doesn't want - I try the same with the RaptorXMLDev.
It runs withot erros but I've got no output.

RaptorXMLDev.exe" xslt --input=T:\QuickStart.xml --output=T:\QuickOut.xml T:\QuickStart.xsltarguments: ["T:\\QuickStart.xslt"]

options: {"xslt.in": ["T:\\QuickStart.xml"], "chartextension.security_disable":
false, "xslt.out": ["T:\\QuickOut.xml"], "application.globalresources": false, "
common.load_xml_with_psvi": true, "core.linenumbers": true, "core.error_limit":
100, "core.timing": false, "core.verbose": false, "dotnetextension.security_disa
ble": false, "javaextension.security_disable": false, "xsd.import_strategy": "lo
ad-preferring-schemalocation", "xsd.mapping_strategy": "prefer-schemalocation",
"xsd.version": "1.0", "xsd.xinclude_support": false, "xsd.xml_validation_mode":
"wf", "xsd.xsi_schemaLocation_strategy": "load-by-schemalocation", "xslt.engine_
version": 3, "xslt.streaming_serialization_enabled": true, "chartextension.licen
se_disable": true}
file:///T:/QuickStart.xml: result="OK" xslt-output-files="file:///T:/QuickOut.do
cx%7Czip/word/document.xml file:///T:/QuickOut.docx%7Czip/word/Section_5_HeaderD
efault.xml file:///T:/QuickOut.docx%7Czip/word/Section_5_FooterDefault.xml file:
///T:/QuickOut.docx%7Czip/word/styles.xml file:///T:/QuickOut.docx%7Czip/word/nu
mbering.xml file:///T:/QuickOut.docx%7Czip/%5BContent_Types%5D.xml file:///T:/Qu
ickOut.docx%7Czip/_rels/.rels file:///T:/QuickOut.docx%7Czip/word/_rels/document
.xml.rels file:///T:/QuickOut.docx%7Czip/word/_rels/Section_5_HeaderDefault.xml.
rels file:///T:/QuickOut.docx%7Czip/word/_rels/Section_5_FooterDefault.xml.rels
file:///T:/QuickOut.docx%7Czip/word/settings.xml file:///T:/QuickOut.docx%7Czip/
word/media/image1.BMP file:///T:/QuickOut.docx%7Czip/docProps/core.xml"

Now my big questions:
How or with xslt processor can be used to transform xml with the MS Word XSLT templates?
Has anyone experience with the Word templates?

Thanks in advance
Heiko

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.