IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: VMCB
About
User Name: VMCB
Forum Rank: Newbie
Location UK
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.03% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Add cookie to service Request
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 2:11:47 PM
I am interacting with a web-service where a login certificate must be added as a cookie to the header of subsequent calls to other services.

I cannot find any way of doing this through MapForce but I am hoping that somebody knows more than I do and can show me the way.

TIA
Topic: Set cookie in SOAP Request
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 11:03:10 PM
I am working with a web-service that where a login certificate must be added to the header of the service request as a cookie.

I am using XML Spy's soap debugger and can't find a way to add something to the soap request's header - can anyone out there point me in the right direction?

TIA
Topic: Difficulty deploying compiled web-service
Posted: Tuesday, July 7, 2009 12:41:49 PM
I still don't think that is an ideal situation - if you had 10 different environments you wanted to deploy a webservice to - you would need to compile a different set of files for each environment. It would make things a bit tricky.

Obviously you 'could' modify the web service to read the connection string from a parameter - but I was looking for a more streamlined build process which didn't require the source code produced by mapforce - maybe modifying the source code templates might help.

You would still need to modify the wsdl's for the specified server whatever the scenario I imagine.

Topic: Difficulty deploying compiled web-service
Posted: Tuesday, July 7, 2009 2:58:38 AM
Hi All,

I have built a web-service on my local pc and this is working fine - now want to deploy it onto a server. The problem is that the compiled web-service appears to be referencing the database on my local pc.

Is there any approach that will get me round this? Can you somehow have a parameter that will take the database connection details?

If this is not easily possible then it sounds like I will have to reconfigure and re-compile the web-service for each server that it is installed on.

Hopefully I'm missing something

TIA

;-)
Topic: Reusing mappings for new project
Posted: Sunday, December 7, 2008 6:31:34 PM
You say "But is this really neccessary?"

Do you mean - is it really necessary to make this change by editting the .mdf file using a text editor.

Have you tried double clicking the previous input file and changing it to the new input file?
Topic: Insert and Update
Posted: Sunday, December 7, 2008 6:26:24 PM
Hi All,

I want to process a table and either update records if there is a match on the primary key or insert a record if there is no match on the primary key.

Is this possible?

I can only work out how to update OR insert but not both.

Any pointers would be well received.

TIA

VMCB

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.