IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: TBlackbird
About
User Name: TBlackbird
Forum Rank: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 14
[0.08% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Multiline CSV row
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 3:41:50 PM
Here is the MapForce diagram transforming the CSV file to one XML file per row.
Topic: Multiline CSV row
Posted: Friday, February 12, 2021 9:07:27 PM
We have a routine generated with MapForce that is working except for multiline CSV rows. The problem isn't MapForce but I'd like to use MapForce to overcome it if possible. Currently, we open the CSV file, read the header, read a line, put both of those together in a StringImput and have the MapForce generated code produce an XMLDocument. We use this document to build a path to a file we need to copy so that there is a pair of files for our imaging system to pickup and import. Can we modify this so that we supply MapForce with the entire CSV file (about 1/3 million rows) and it will allow us to copy the pair file prior to generating the next file? We have the mapping set up correctly to generate one file per row of the CSV file but need to copy a second file along with the one MapForce just generated.

Generated code is in C#

Appreciate any help or pointers,
Scott
Topic: Mapforce calling a web service
Posted: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:49:09 PM
I never found a way to do #1 in Mapforce directly...I had to make modifications to the generated code. I replaced the hard coded values it put in with references to a configuration file and parameters.

Hope that helps,
Scott
Topic: There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first.
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 1:03:48 PM
FYI:

It is related to the group-by component. It appears to only occur when using ODBC. Switching to ADO fixes the problem.

Hope that helps someone else...
Topic: There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first.
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 7:15:41 PM
I have a mapforce diagram that is going from a view in oracle to multiple XML files. The rows are gathered into separate files by two fields in the view. I have it working perfectly in mapforce itself, however whenever I generate C# code, I always get the above error. Anyone have similar experience or a solution?

Thanks
Topic: Mapforce calling a web service
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:38:14 PM
I have a MapForce diagram that calls a web service. Mainly it transforms a text file into XML and submits it to a web service at an external agency. I've run into a couple of problems that I could use help on:

1. Is there a way to have the Address, Username and Password in the WSDL Call Settings dialog pulled from some outside component (like an input or global resource)? Reason I ask is I'd like the ability to tell the diagram, call the production or development version (on two different servers) and supply the appropriate username and password for each. I've got code that does this, but I've had to end up modifying the generated code and it must be changed each time I regenerate.

2. The supplied WSDL doesn't seem to include any definitions for the faults that it returns. I guess the reason is that all faults are simple SOAP faults...nothing special. MapForce completely ignores these faults (generates an empty root element in my result XML file). In order to get some sort of feed back on a problem what do I have to do? (Add fault to WSDL? Or am I missing something in mapforce?)

Appreciate any help,
Scott
Topic: WebServices in 2011r2
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 6:23:03 PM
I decided to upgrade to 2011r2 and now the routine that was working is no longer working correctly. In particular, MapForce is now calling a WebService twice for each row instead of once like in r1. Everything is now showing as a duplicate as only the second call is displaying in the output file.

Is this a bug or am I missing something/is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Scott
Topic: Mapforce and Soap Fault
Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:33:09 PM
Would appreciate any help. Is my description unclear?

Thanks
Topic: Mapforce on server as batch
Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 1:52:42 PM
Why don't you generate an application from MapForce and deploy that to your server? The application code MapForce generates is royalty-free.
Topic: Mapforce and Soap Fault
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:16:33 PM
I've got an externally generated WSDL file that I am using. When interacting with the web service, it generated a generic soap fault. How do I get to read this, because it didn't show any where and Mapforce seems to have completely ignored the fault:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:ns0="uri:org.optins.industry.service.IndustryService.types">
<env:Body>
<env:Fault>
<faultcode>env:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>Internal Server Error</faultstring>
</env:Fault>
</env:Body>
</env:Envelope>

I currently have the webservice's output going to an XML file because it won't run without the "output" of the webservice connected to something.

Thanks,
Scott

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.