IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Errors running generated XSLT when using Altova funtions Options · View
rternier
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:27:54 PM

I have XSL generated that calls
Code:
generate-auto-number:

Code:
<xsl:variable name="var6_resultof_auto_number" as="xs:integer" select="ns0:generate-auto-number('a', xs:integer('1'), xs:integer('1'), xs:string($var71_idx))"/>

This is defined here
Code:
xmlns:ns0="https://www.altova.com/xslt-extensions"

The XSL is being ran through Saxon and it's throwing up on that call:

Code:
Error at xsl:variable on line 966 column 73 of DetPersonSearchResults-to-MemberArray.xslt:
  XPST0017 XPath syntax error at char 0 on line 966 near {...r('1'), xs:string($var71_id...}:
    Cannot find a matching 4-argument function named ://www.altova.com/xslt-extensions}generate-auto-number()

(last line)

How Can I get this to work? I have not been able to find these functions anywhere, it seems they're in the Altova ether, hidden from human hands.
ultrabeet
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:46:39 AM

Hi rternier,

You will probably have to provide your mapping here.

I used the auto-number in a few xslt generated mappings and cannot recall any trouble with it
rternier
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 5:02:18 PM

ultrabeet wrote:
Hi rternier,

You will probably have to provide your mapping here.

I used the auto-number in a few xslt generated mappings and cannot recall any trouble with it

I think I know the reason - we're using Saxon's HE version, which doesn't contain Schema Aware functionality. My xslt is also 5k lines long and contains a few proprietary pieces of information I can't share.

On this though, how would one run XSLT that requires functions like this on a platform that has no internet connectivity?
ultrabeet
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:52:43 PM

rternier wrote:

I think I know the reason - we're using Saxon's HE version, which doesn't contain Schema Aware functionality. My xslt is also 5k lines long and contains a few proprietary pieces of information I can't share.

On this though, how would one run XSLT that requires functions like this on a platform that has no internet connectivity?

rternier, I used saxon9he in my project as well... no errors whatsoever
Kwolo666
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 4:12:42 PM

I have the same problem with the function: generate-auto-number.

First of all I generated XSLT for World 2007. There is some phrase like that:
<xsl:variable name="tempValue" as="xs:string" select="altova:map-preview-filepath( concat( $SV_GeneratedFileNamePrefix, &apos;_SVGeneratedImage&apos;, &apos;_&apos;, altovaext:generate-auto-number( &apos;sv_generatedimage&apos;, 1, 1, &apos;&apos; ), &apos;.png&apos; ) )"/>
<xsl:sequence select="$tempValue"/>
<xsl:if test="not( string( $tempValue ) )">
<xsl:message select="'Error: generated file name is empty.'" terminate="yes"/>
</xsl:if>

Then in the Visual Studio with the help of Saxon I made a following fragment of code:

Processor saxonProcessor = new Processor();
XdmNode input = saxonProcessor.NewDocumentBuilder().Build(new Uri(xmlPath));
XsltTransformer transformer = saxonProcessor.NewXsltCompiler().Compile(new Uri(xsltPath)).Load();

And I receive error like this:

"Cannot find a function a matching 4-argument named (.........) generate-auto-number()"

Can somebody help with this?
vlad
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 8:26:33 AM

If you read your own posting you will see the answer. The highlighted function generate-auto-number is an Altova extension to XSLT standard, therefore you cannot expect a non-Altova engine Saxon to know it. Use Altova RaptorXML to execute your XSLT.
Kwolo666
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 8:54:46 AM

Thanks for the request.
It's strange because other altova's functions Saxon can see, like: "altovaext:get-width-and-height-from-image-data" or "altovaext:get-base-output-uri". There is only problem with the "generate-auto-number". Ok, I will try this Raptor :)