IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Best Practices Options · View
Sastic
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2021 2:51:46 PM

Hi All,

I am not a current user of this product but we are looking into using both FlowForce and MapForce. As an initial design I was asked whether these should be separate servers or can they be colocated.

I imagine that there are many of you out there that have experience with this so any advice you can provide would be greatly helpful.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

that
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2021 9:03:58 AM

MapForce Server is more like a runtime that either integrates with FlowForce Server on the same machine, or that you can run via command line or various APIs. So in a typical setup you have one or more end users running MapForce on their PC, they deploy mappings to the FlowForce server, and FlowForce orchestrates execution of jobs that run these mappings on MapForce Server.

If you need to split the load to multiple machines due to high volume, FlowForce has the ability to control additional FlowForce instances on other machines as remote workers.
Sastic
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 4:06:25 PM

Thank you very much for the response, it was very helpful.
Sastic
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 4:11:01 PM

Thank you very much for the response, it was very helpful.