IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Data truncation in mapping Options · View
labisht
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2020 3:48:55 PM

Hi Guys,

I am new to mapForce and facing below issue from quite some time. Any help is really appreciated.

We are generating a flat file from our application with one particular field among others. Lets call this field as "A". Flat file is getting created by Altova MapForce.

This field is generated from application and have max length of 100 in DB. After a special application function execution, application fetch many values including "A"value from DB and using it as input in Altova MapForce to do data calculation via mapping. Result of Altova mapForce is a flat file. Now the issue i am facing here is, in generated flat file, value of field "A" is getting truncated to 35 char.

While DB field which contain field "A" is having max length of 100 char, i am not able to find any other place where the length of "A"specified as 35. Anyone having idea of this issue or any guidance to proceed with this issue?
K101
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 2:34:55 PM

Impossible to tell without seeing your files. You'd probably be better off simply contacting Altova Support directly on this one.