IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Line feed at end of flat file Options · View
alexndr
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 2:35:25 PM

I'm using a flat file as output for one of my mappings.

At the end of the target file, on the last line with data, I get an undesired line feed. How is this avoided?

Thanks.

K101
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 2:10:27 PM

It depends. You probably have some fixed-length split which is putting in a line feed. It may or may not be possible to replace it with a floating split. Or, you can post-process the whole FlexText output as a string and truncate it to length() − 1.
alexndr
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 7:59:22 AM

I have been in contact with support and according to them the line feed is expected with my setup (it's configured as a repeatable split, "delimited (lined based)" ). I agree with that but problem is that the receiver of the file sets the rules and they don't want a line feed on the last line in the file.

Support also suggested the solution with truncation to length() − 1. Problem is that I want to generate Java code from mapping and it seems to not support post- processing?

K101
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 11:37:48 AM

There's no limitation against "post-processing" using Java in general.
alexndr
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 12:45:03 PM

Is that so? Maybe we're talking about different types of post processing.

The solution I tried was to serialize the target and manipulate it using a substring function.
Error when generating Java code was:
serialize (xxxx): Structures which parse or serialize strings are not supported for Java.

If MapForce have other means for post- processing can you please guide me to it? I can't find anything.

Of course it's solvable by modifying the generated Java code but what happens when we adjust the MapForce- mapping for some reason and have to re- generate the code? Chance that we miss to manually re- add the extra post- processing in code is big.