IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Headers/footers/page numbering... Options · View
vzsakay
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 1:54:12 PM

Hello All,

I'm facing a tricky issue, which I seem to be unable to sort out by myself.

The situation/issue is the following:

I'm using FOP 1.0 with XSLT 1 and the management is not really supporting to update these unfortunately which would ease my life a lot actually.

I've got the task where I'm having a single invoice SPS:

Initial Document Section
Header (All Pages)
Footer (All Pages)
Body

Document Section
Header (All Pages)
Footer (All Pages)
Body

Document Section
Header (All Pages)
Footer (All Pages)
Body

Document Section
Header (All Pages)
Footer (All Pages)
Body

Document Section
Header (All Pages)
Footer (All Pages)
Body

Each document section should basically be a "copy" of whatever there is in the initial document section, but in each header there should be a single difference, that represents that it's the 1st copy, 2nd copy...4th copy. My 1st issue shows up already here... as it seems always the initial document section's header shows up eventhough I've specified under each document section's header the modification referring to the copy mentioned above.

The 2nd issue I'm facing is, that basically the page numbering which is in each footer at each document section should start from 1. (Which I've thought I can configure under the "Edit Properties..." at each Document Section, but as it seems it's getting ignored as well, just as my changes at the header.

Good to know: As we're talking about an invoices you cannot really tell how many pages long the output in PDF will be. The document sections are shown in the output based on an input parameter comming from the XML input. So the number of copies are determined by that.

Any ideas are more that wellcome!

Thanks and cheers,

William
mgo_s4t
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 2:48:47 PM

Hello William,

did you manage to solve the header problem?
Because I currently have the same issue and I'm also forced to use FOP 1.0 with XSLT 1.0.
Your post is quite old but maybe you remember have you fixed it.

Kind regards,
Manuel