IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Code generation for large schema framework ? Options · View
lifa-lin
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:37:59 AM

Hi forum.

I have been given the task of creating code libraries (in C#) based on a 1500+ schema framework divided into 8 logical groups (folders).

The schemas may refer to each other across all groups, but does so with relative references, so they're valid. The schemas contain both "include" and "import" tags.

Flattening all schemas in a single group (folder) will result in multiple redundant definitions.

I'm new to XMLspy, and have so far only found the menu function to generate C# code for a single schema.

Is there a way with XMLspy to generate a single code project based on all schemas in a single group (folder) ?

And if so, is this possible to do in a batch manner ?

Cheers
Lars I
K101
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2018 9:24:15 AM

It's not possible to generate code for more than one schema at a time. This would be an appropriate feature request, however.

One workaround is to create a new schema which imports the others, then generate code for that schema.