IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

RaptorXML shell command with wildcards possible? Options · View
c.adam
Posted: Thursday, May 4, 2017 12:51:57 PM

Hello,

is it possible to use wildcards (*) in Windows RaptorXML command line parameter?

Example:

RaptorXML.exe xslt --xslt-version=2 --input=E:\Input\Input*.xml --output=E:\Output\Output*.xml MappingMapToCarLoAuftragIn.xslt

Thank you.
vlad
Posted: Friday, May 5, 2017 3:26:03 AM

No, definitely not. This would require RaptorXML guessing how to build output file name depending on the input file name and placement of the wildcard.

As far as I know, it should be possible to write a small XSLT file instead, which reads input directory and outputs one file for each input file. There you can have whole control about output file name generation
c.adam
Posted: Friday, May 5, 2017 7:06:25 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Do you know about an example for this anywhere? Here in the forum search I was not able to find anything.

Kind regards
c.adam
Posted: Friday, May 5, 2017 7:46:39 AM

Hello,

I found another solution: I'm running a Windows batch command before doing the RaptorXML command which always picks the oldest file out of my directory, moves it to another folder and renames it to a fixed name. RaptorXML is then pointing on this file with the fixed file name.

Here is the Windows batch command to achieve it:

Code:
for /f "delims=" %%a in (
    'dir /b /a-d /tw /od "E:\Directory1\*.xml"'
) do move "E:\Directory1\%%a" "E:\Directory2\FixedName.xml" & goto fileMoved
:fileMoved

Kind regards
vlad
Posted: Friday, May 5, 2017 7:51:30 AM

This has nothing to do with this forum, but with XSLT knowledge.

With fn:collection you should be able to retrieve file contents of your input files.
With xsl:result-document you can produce different result documents for each of them