IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

visual studio 2015 support Options · View
Ektad
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 10:07:55 AM

Hi

Some questions around MAP 2017 :

1. Does MapForce 2017 support visual studio 2015 ? I am using trial version of MAPForce and generated code in C# after opening the solution it gave me lot of namespace errors as i have VS 2015.

2. Is there way to call mfd file directly from c# application code ?

3. How to pass parameter from .net to mfd ? Are there any examples to demonstrate this ?

Thanks
Ekta
island
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 12:17:41 PM

Hi,

Quote:
Does MapForce 2017 support visual studio 2015 ? I am using trial version of MAPForce and generated code in C# after opening the solution it gave me lot of namespace errors as i have VS 2015.

The versions of Visual Studio for which code can be generated are listed here

It should however be possible to open e.g. a VS 2010 solution in VS 2015 and have VS automatically upgrade it so it can be used in VS 2015. if you have problems with the code I would suggest contacting support . Provide your mapping (.mfd) and all associated files as well as the error messages you are getting in VS 2015.

Quote:
Is there way to call mfd file directly from c# application code ?

I assume that you are referring to calling an mfd in order to execute it. The only way to do this would be to use MapforceServer i.e. the MapforceServer .Net API.

Compile your ".mfd" mapping to an ".mfx" file in Mapforce and then use the run method of the MapforceServer API to execute the ".mfx".

Quote:
How to pass parameter from .net to mfd ? Are there any examples to demonstrate this ?

Select Insert | Input in Mapforce to insert an input parameter into your mapping. This will then be reflected in the generated code.
Ektad
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 6:12:46 AM

Thanks for clarifying this.

some more queries :

Are there any examples available for MAPFORCESERver API in .net ?

Also is there any option for automated beautification/formatter of mapping (for e.g. SQLformatter ) in mapforce so it can help other to understand mapping ?

Thanks !!
island
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 7:58:27 AM

Examples can be found in the Code Examples section of the Mapforce Server Documentation.

When designing a mapping there are "component alignment helpers" which aid in the placement of components to help you design more aesthetically pleasing mappings (TOOLS | OPTIONS | Editing) , however there is no functionality which can rearrange components after the fact.

Note there are two other features which aid in the understanding of a mapping

1) You can generate documentation from a mapping (FILE | Generate Documentation)

2) You can add annotations to connections. Right click on a connection, select Properties and then add an annotation in the Description text box.

rasgeado
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:38:02 AM

In completion to what island said, I find the mapping debugger to be a useful tool in understanding what the mapping does.
Ektad
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 10:39:00 AM

Thanks Island for prompt replies.

One more question, can different collections be return in if-else condition rather than single value ? As i am intend to map multiple fields on different if-else condition with input table .