IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

How to Iterate multiple elements to a single database table in xml - db mapping Options · View
sandeep.udgirkar
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:40:25 PM

Hi,

I am creating mapping between xml - database.

Could you please find the attachement for mapping project, xml file, xsd files and database table sql query .

In the given sample file, i have <Box24> . In turn, which is having multiple <ClaimFormDetailsHCFA> In turn which is having multiple elements, Which are multiple times repeated.

similarly i have <Details>. In turn, which is having multiple <ClaimFormDetailsUB> In turn which is having multiple elements, which are multiple times repeated.

i have two tables in Database i.e .Test and Test1 tables which are having relation on each other based on Header Id.

Please Assist me how can i iterate the loop of both <ClaimFormDetailsHCFA> and <ClaimFormDetailsUB> to single dbo.test1 table.
How can i insert multiple values in a single table

Thanks in Advance.

File Attachment(s):
DiagnosisExampleForAltovaUserforum.zip (6kb) downloaded 1,169 time(s).

ultrabeet
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 7:55:12 AM

sandeep,

You could technically achieve something similar by creating an intermediate structure with a duplicated input, but your issue is not really related to Mapforce.

Your database design does not seem to be correct. You should not merge 2 iterating lists into a single row as the list sizes can differ causing null values in one of the sources.