IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

I use to be able to take input from a file modify it and write it back to the same file Options · View
ellerbe
Posted: Thursday, June 5, 2008 5:26:00 PM

I use to be able to read in a flat file add one to its values and then write back the values to the same file. (before 2008 rel. 2) now when I generate the code I get a "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

anyone else run into this or know of a solution?

File Attachment(s):
add1.zip (2kb) downloaded 435 time(s).

ellerbe attached the following image(s):
add1.PNG

ellerbe
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 6:40:09 PM

This is the fix from Altova support

this effect was a side effect of the new Stream I/O interfaces. I have now entered this into our internal bug database for our developers to take a look at. The bug entry number is TTP # 26390.

Please note as a workaround you could change the following in the code:-

You can create StringOutput instead of default FileOutput in generated MappingConsole.cs and then dump the results of the string into the source file as shown below:

Altova.IO.Input theSource = new Altova.IO.FileInput("C:/home/sven/tmp/the.txt");
//Altova.IO.Output the2Target = new Altova.IO.FileOutput("C:/home/sven/tmp/the.txt");

Altova.IO.StringOutput the2Target = new Altova.IO.StringOutput(new System.Text.StringBuilder());

MappingMapTothe2Object.Run(
theSource,
the2Target);

// Dump text into the same file
System.IO.TextWriter writer = new System.IO.StreamWriter("C:/home/sven/tmp/the.txt", false);
writer.Write(the2Target.Content.ToString());