IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Excel to XML - Need to derive count of delimited data to divide a value and feed into XML Node Options · View
ShawnL
Posted: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 7:52:31 PM

Hi There!

I've got semicolon delimited data in an excel cell.

Example: 201;202;203

Then I've got a quantity value in another cell.

Example: 6

I need a set of functions that will eventually divide the number in the quantity cell by the number of delimited values. In this case the desired output I want to feed into my XML node would be 2. it would be 6 / 3 since there are three values (201, 202 and 203).

I've solved all of my other issues in this complex mapping with generous help from this forum and good ol' fashioned trial and error trying to learn MapForce.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Shawn
that
Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 2:18:04 PM

ShawnL wrote:
I need a set of functions that will eventually divide the number in the quantity cell by the number of delimited values.

tokenize, count, divide - all in the core library.
ShawnL
Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 3:22:19 PM

that wrote:
ShawnL wrote:
I need a set of functions that will eventually divide the number in the quantity cell by the number of delimited values.

tokenize, count, divide - all in the core library.

Count.... that's what I was missing. I think I even tried it but fed the wrong input on the count function.

Thank you again very much.

This map is finished (until they tell me the client has completely changed how they want to do things of course).

This is a pretty major feature set that we're rolling out for our ERP product and I want to thank you for all the help you've given me. Very much appreciated.

Have a great rest of your week!

Shawn