IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Log error datetime in log file Options · View
rautr
Posted: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 4:34:33 AM

Hi all,

I am using as-file(stderr(failed-step())) to log error in error.log file. Its logging the error but I want to add datetime as well in the log file. Can you please help me with this. Please find attached steps I am using to cretae errorlog

Thanks

rautr attached the following image(s):
Capture.PNG

K101
Posted: Friday, April 6, 2018 6:38:46 AM

Well, generally speaking, you'll need to use the command-line function appropriate to the host operating system to get the datetime value as a string, then concatenate that with the string contents of your stderr in order to save the concatenated string as a file.

Have you tried going down that path?
rautr
Posted: Monday, April 9, 2018 3:39:29 AM

K101 wrote:
Well, generally speaking, you'll need to use the command-line function appropriate to the host operating system to get the datetime value as a string, then concatenate that with the string contents of your stderr in order to save the concatenated string as a file.

Have you tried going down that path?

Thanks a lot. I am using echo %DATE% Shell Command-line and concatenating the result to actual step result to add in file.
K101
Posted: Monday, April 9, 2018 8:25:03 AM

rautr wrote:
I am using echo %DATE% Shell Command-line and concatenating the result to actual step result to add in file.

When you put it that way it sounds like you already have it working. Is that accurate?
rautr
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 12:22:27 AM

K101 wrote:
rautr wrote:
I am using echo %DATE% Shell Command-line and concatenating the result to actual step result to add in file.

When you put it that way it sounds like you already have it working. Is that accurate?

echo %DATE% %Time% , Yes its working fine