IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Abstract class in code generator Options · View
dr.steveb
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:39:16 PM

I have several different complexTypes that extend an abstract class. I then use the abstract type in a structure that should support all of the extensions. In the xml file, I am able to specify which extension I am using with the xsi:type.

When using the code generator, how do I know which extension was read from the .xml file? I have not been able to find a very extensive reference for the code generator to answer questions such as these. Thanks in advance for any help.

Stephen
K101
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2017 11:36:35 AM

The XMLSpy documentation does discuss working with derived types (scroll down to "Working with derived types"), both for reading and writing. If that doesn't help, you should attach an example schema and describe how the method described doesn't get you what you need.

(The link I supplied above is for C#, but you can also read instructions specifically for C++ or Java.)