IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Flowforceinput Options · View
abd
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:56:58 AM

Hi i want to give XML file as input manually to flowforce server. How can i do that?
rasgeado
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:29:20 AM

If you mean supplying an XML file as input parameter to a job, declare your parameter type "String as file" and supply the file path as default value.

To read the file contents, you will need a step which executes the "compute" function with an expression such as:

Code:
content(stream-open(myFile))

(where myFile is the name of the parameter previously mentioned)

rasgeado attached the following image(s):
xml_input.png

abd
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 11:00:53 AM

thnkx @rasgeado for your reply. I want to generate pdf using xml given to stylevision and then automate this using flowforce. Is it possible? If so then guide me please how can i do that
rasgeado
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 11:32:02 AM

Passing values dynamically between jobs is definitely possible, but for your case it's probably best if I refer you to this example http://manual.altova.com/FlowForceServer/fs_example_stylevision.htm.

In broad lines, I would first try creating the transformation job with a single XML file. Once this is done, create a loop (for-each) step with FlowForce that calls and executes your previous transformation job as many times as there are files in the directory and passes each file as parameter. To iterate through the files in a directory, you will need to make use of FlowForce expression functions (such as http://manual.altova.com/FlowForceServer/fs_expr_file_system.htm).

Note these are general guidelines based on my assumptions; maybe your case needs a different approach so you'd better first try and see if the above works for you.
abd
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 12:26:16 PM

Thnkx @rasgeado. As my style vision file is changed in every hour so I have to deploy the same stylevision file every time on flowforce server to get the updated PDF or just first time deploy it to flowforce and it will generate the updated PDF everytime?
abd
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 12:39:53 PM

Thnkx @rasgeado. As my style vision file is changed in every hour so I have to deploy the same stylevision file every time on flowforce server to get the updated PDF or just first time deploy it to flowforce and it will generate the updated PDF everytime?
abd
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 12:51:35 PM

rasgeado
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 1:44:47 PM

You will need to deploy your transformation to FlowForce only once. From then onwards, you will only need to redeploy it if the structure (design) of your transformation is changed in StyleVision (not the input XML files). In other words, as long as the input files are valid for your transformation, the job will work.

An easy way to ensure that the job picks updates to source files is to set a FlowForce file system trigger (from the job configuration page). The trigger will fire the job every time the polled file has changed. Or you could add a time trigger to periodically run the job for all XML files in the directory at every hour, for example (this could be expensive in terms of performance though).