IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

XSLT lookup using regex Options · View
hfeldma1
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 1:15:17 PM

I'm familiar with using lookup document in XSLT, however I'm hoping it's possible to do the lookup using regex? I've attached a sample from the lookup document:
Code:
<Telsa xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <Row Key1="^[A-Z0-9]+/Cell:eNodeB Function Name=[A-Z0-9]+, Local Cell ID=[0-9]+, Cell Name=.*/CnOperator:CnOperatorId=[0-9]+$" ElementType="CELL_CORE_OPERATOR" RegexReplace="&apos;^([A-Z0-9]+)/Cell:eNodeB Function Name=[A-Z0-9]+, Local Cell ID=([0-9]+), Cell Name=.*/CnOperator:(CnOperatorId=[0-9]+)&apos;, &apos;$1/CELL:$2/$3&apos;"></Row>
  <Row Key1="^\w+-\w+-\w+-\d+/Cell:eNodeB Function Name=[A-Z0-9]+, Local Cell ID=[0-9]+, Cell Name=.*, eNodeB ID=[0-9]+, Cell.*$" ElementType="CELL" RegexReplace="&apos;^\w+-\w+-\w+-\d+/Cell:eNodeB Function Name=([A-Z0-9]+), Local Cell ID=([0-9]+), Cell Name=.*, eNodeB ID=([0-9]+), Cell.*$&apos;, &apos;$1/Cell:$2&apos;"></Row>
  <Row Key1="^\w+-\w+-\w+-\d+/EthernetInterface:Ethernet Interface No.=.*$" ElementType="EthernetInterface" RegexReplace="&apos;^(\w+-\w+-\w+-\d+)/EthernetInterface:Ethernet Interface No.=([0-9]+)$&apos; , &apos;$1/No=$2&apos;"></Row>
  <Row Key1="^[A-Z0-9]+/CELL:Local cell identity=[0-9]+, Cell Name=.*/OPERATOR:CnOperatorId=[0-9]+$" ElementType="CELL_CORE_OPERATOR" RegexReplace="&apos;^([A-Z0-9]+/CELL:)Local cell identity=([0-9]+), Cell Name=.*/OPERATOR:(CnOperatorId=[0-9]+)&apos; , &apos;$1$2/$3&apos;"></Row>
  <Row Key1="^[A-Z0-9]+/Cell:Local cell identity=[0-9]+, Cell Name=.*, eNodeB identity=[0-9]+$" ElementType="CELL" RegexReplace="&apos;^([A-Z0-9]+/Cell:)Local cell identity=([0-9]+), Cell Name=.*, eNodeB identity=[0-9]+$&apos;, &apos;$1$2&apos;"></Row>
  <Row Key1="^[A-Z0-9]+/Cell:eNodeB Function Name=[A-Z0-9]+, Local Cell ID=[0-9]+, Cell Name=.*, eNodeB ID=[0-9]+$" ElementType="CELL" RegexReplace="&apos;^([A-Z0-9]+)/Cell:eNodeB Function Name=[A-Z0-9]+, Local Cell ID=([0-9]+), Cell Name=.*, eNodeB ID=([0-9]+)$&apos;, &apos;$1/Cell:$2&apos;"></Row>
  <Row Key1="^[A-Z0-9]+/Cell:eNodeB Function Name=[A-Z0-9]+, Local Cell ID=[0-9]+, Cell Name=.*, eNodeB ID=[0-9]+$" ElementType="CELL" RegexReplace="&apos;^([A-Z0-9]+)/Cell:eNodeB Function Name=[A-Z0-9]+, Local Cell ID=([0-9]+), Cell Name=.*, eNodeB ID=([0-9]+)$&apos;, &apos;$1/Cell:$2&apos;"></Row>
</Telsa>

This is what I have defined in the XSLT for the lookup:
Code:
<xsl:key name="table-lookup" match="Row" use="@Key1"/>
<xsl:variable name="LookupDoc" select="document('Telsa.xml')/Telsa"/>

So my thinking is I need to change the following somehow, question is to what:
Code:
<xsl:value-of select="key('table-lookup', $curr_key, $LookupDoc)/@ElementType"/>

Martin Honnen
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:27:34 PM

Can you show us the data passed in as $curr_key you want to compare? A key works with an exact value comparison https://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#keys with the eq operator so it is not clear what you want to achieve.
hfeldma1
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:51:46 PM

Good point, so a sample input (i.e. $curr_key) to the document lookup would be
Code:
LTHAB0113422/Cell:eNodeB Function Name=LTHAB0113422, Local Cell ID=0, Cell Name=LTHAB0113422-000-2100-1-1, eNodeB ID=113422, Cell FDD TDD indication=CELL_FDD/CnOperator:CnOperatorId=0

This should match with the first element (Key1) in the sample document posted. Does XSLT 3.0 maybe support this?
Martin Honnen
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:46:05 PM

I don't think a key can solve that but assuming XSLT 2.0 or higher you have regular expression support and can use
Code:

<xsl:value-of select="$LookupDoc/Row[matches($curr_key, @Key1)]/@ElementType"/>
hfeldma1
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2016 6:14:57 PM

Thank you so much, works like a charm.