Altova XSL and XSLT Tools
XSLT is the transformation language essential to data-centric software development and data integration.
Altova MissionKit provides numerous integrated options for XSLT editing, debugging, profiling, and even autogeneration. MissionKit is a comprehensive toolkit for XSLT development alongside complementary technologies such as relational databases, HTML5, CSS3, and more. Whether you need to hand-code XSLT stylesheets, generate standards-based XSLT for structural transformations, or graphically design XSLT and XSL:FO stylesheets for business reporting, you'll find the tools you need in Altova MissionKit. Tight integration among the MissionKit products described below means all these transformation assets can be available in multiple tools for a smooth workflow.
What is XSLT?
XML separates content from presentation by design. XML itself is only responsible for data, while other XML-based technologies such as XSL take care of presenting the data. XSL (eXtensible Stylesheet Language) is a language for creating stylesheets that specify how elements in XML documents should be displayed to the end-user, regardless of the chosen delivery mechanism. The XSL standard includes XPath, XSLT (eXtensible Stylesheet Language Transformations), and XSL:FO (eXtensible Stylesheet Language Formatting Objects).
XSLT stylesheets transform an XML document into another XML document, an HTML/XHTML Web page, or a simple text file. The XSLT stylesheet specifies how an XSLT processor should create the desired output from an associated XML input document. There are three versions of XSLT in use today: XSLT 1.0, XSLT 2.0, and XSLT 3.0, each building on the advantages of the previous version.
- Intelligent XSL and XSLT editor for XSLT 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0
- Syntax coloring, line numbering, source folding, and bookmarking
- Code completion, context-sensitive entry helpers, and XSL Info window
- XPath Analyzer with auto-complete
- Powerful XSLT debugger for testing and perfecting stylesheets
- XSL Speed Optimizer for automatically speeding up XSLT code
- XSLT profiler for optimizing transformations
- Built-in XSLT transformation engine and Web browser
- Powered by RaptorXML for lightning-fast transformation
- Graphical XSLT stylesheet designer
- Drag and drop to design reports for XML, SQL databases, and XBRL data
- Visual design paradigm abstracts away underlying XSLT complexity
- Autogeneration of XSLT for HTML, Word, and RTF output
- Autogeneration of XSL:FO for PDF output
- Enables multi-channel publishing of critical business data
- Advanced layout and data processing options, rich chart and graph creation, and more
- Save autogenerated XSLT / XSL:FO stylesheets for re-use
- Automation via StyleVision Server
- Any-to-any, graphical data mapping tool
- XSLT mapper autogenerates XSLT for XML-to-XML conversions
- Built-in XSLT 1.0 and XSLT 2.0 function libraries
- Drag and drop to map data and define data processing rules
- Multi-channel publication of data mapping results via StyleVision integration
- Automation via MapForce Server, program code generation, command line, and more
RaptorXML Server is a high-performance server for lightning-fast processing of XSLT as well as XML, XBRL, XQuery, and more. Use RaptorXML to automate XSLT transformations written in XMLSpy and other MissionKit tools.
Get all of Altova's XSL/XSLT tools in this highly-integrated suite – at an attractive discount. You'll get 7 products for less than the price of 2!
Altova Online Training provides comprehensive XSLT technology training covering XSLT as well as XPath and XSL:FO. Learn to develop XSL using Altova MissionKit tools. Training is delivered on-demand and is 100% free of charge.