IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: ultrabeet
About
User Name: ultrabeet
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Location Ireland
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 149
[0.82% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: how to deal with multiple xsd's in one mapping
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2014 10:54:08 AM
jbhesl,

XMLspy is pretty powerful tool and you should be able to sort out your errors easily with it.

Try looking at http://www.tutorialspoint.com/soap/soap_body.htm first. It might give you an idea on how the change should look like.

Altova MissionKit 2012 Enterprise v2012 rel. 2 sp1, running on Vista Business sp2 x32
Topic: how to deal with multiple xsd's in one mapping
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2014 8:40:34 AM
jbhesl,

In your case, I would probably download the soap envelope schema off the internet and alter the Body element.
By default it is xs:any, but you can change that to reference eg. <xs:element ref="ns1:carrierBooking" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

Although I am using a pretty old version mapforce, so maybe there is an easier way of sorting out your problem in the latest release...

Altova MissionKit 2012 Enterprise v2012 rel. 2 sp1, running on Vista Business sp2 x32
Topic: How to map multiple nodes to a single value
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:43:43 AM
jras,

Right-click the target node and choose the duplicate option. Since your source only has a single true value, the below will work perfectly fine.
screen 1 - overview
screen 2 - function

Topic: Value-Map Generation Instead of Manual Input
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2014 9:27:19 AM
Since everybody is sharing their experience, I will also reveal my "secret" :)

We do not run mappings on their own or in the native altova server, so it might not be relative to what you are doing...

Out mappings are all integrated into our java application and are taking some part of the processing of incoming/outgoing data, so I normally create a value-map with a single sample (just to get the structure) and once the java code is generated from the mapping, I make it read some either XML or TXT file for the value look up.

It then becomes dynamic and external and you do not need to re-build anything if there is a change in your map.

The only thing left is to make sure you copy the altered value-map class, otherwise it will be overwritten by altova if you re-generate the java code.

Topic: Trim the first 7 characters from a string
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2014 9:53:32 PM
LaLa,

I would suggest reading the below... and possibly more, so you do not have such questions :)

http://manual.altova.com/Mapforce/mapforcebasic/index.html?mfflib_string_functions.htm

Topic: Why concat doesn't work in this example?
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2014 2:53:52 PM
Why did you not use a Value-Map? :)

Topic: Java generated code not release memory during garbage collection
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2014 8:06:37 AM
pfisher44,

Try and run your app in windows ;)

The funny thing about linux is, that you can move the file out of the folder while it is being used by some other process. If your streams are not closed, in win you will get an error to say that the file is in use, or your app will get into a loop, because it will not be able to dispose of the file afterwards, either way, you will notice that straight away...

"this data is then passed in to custom run() methods as strings containing our data"
This is most likely to be the cause of your issue. Make sure that the data you pass and receive back from mappings is disposed/closed afterwards.
A lot of developers create new objects left, right and centre without realising what implications this could have.

As far as I am aware, everything is closed properly in Mapforce, unless you specify object.setCloseObjectsAfterRun(false) in which case you are responsible for this action yourself.

Topic: Java generated code not release memory during garbage collection
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 3:54:52 PM
pfisher44,

One of the applications has the uptime of 3 months currently and consists of 6 mappings which are run for every single incoming file ~15-20k files per day.
No memory issues whatsoever...

If you interfered with the maping afterwords, have you possibly left input/output sources not closed properly?

Topic: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Posted: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 8:19:41 AM
eamankwahmanu,

can you not just skip the test, or use a very small file?

I do not have anything set for ant_opts and not once my build failed, eventhough I've had quite a few outputs with a lot of logic related to every single one of them...

Topic: webservice
Posted: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 8:57:28 AM
Milko,

XMLspy should prompt for a password on the first call. At least this is the behavior on 2012 rel2sp1

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.