IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: dcarolan-kuehne
About
User Name: dcarolan-kuehne
Forum Rank: Newbie
Location Raleigh, NC
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.02% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Complex Data Looping
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 1:59:09 PM
K101 wrote:
Perhaps you should be looking at FlexText, instead, if what you want is to be able to parse an arbitrary number of columns in a single mapping. See the attached example, which should work with any two input files with the same number of columns.

Thanks a million! I just ran the FlexText tiutorial and am setting my file up now. I'll take a look at your files in a bit, I SO appreciate the quick help!
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 12:07:02 PM
island wrote:
Hi,

see attached mapping example files and screenshot:

Thanks island! I appreciate the code and example. If I need to I'll go that route. But is there a way to use pass-thru to lay data into a multi-row template? My output file has 27 columns so a concat will be super complicated

Code:

File 1            File 2          Goal Output
1-2-3            A-B-C         A-1-B-2-C-3 
4-5-6            D-E-F          D-1-E-2-F-3
                    G-H-I          G-1-H-2-I-3
                                       A-4-B-5-C-6
                                       D-4-E-5-F-6
                                       G-4-H-5-I-6

Posted: Monday, July 11, 2016 8:47:22 PM
Hey everybody,
I have some previous MapForce experience, but just wasted a day trying to figure out some deep looping. I have to build a complex XLS/CSV file from pretty simple source data.

I have a list or origins, destinations, and the time it takes to travel between them:
Chicago-Los Angeles-8
Paris-London-3
Utica-Albany-1

I need to loop them repeatedly:

I have 4 events with a code. The code runs a calculation on the Transit Time (TT):
10=TT+14
20=TT+8
30=TT
40=0

Each of those codes needs to be on a day of the week. So my data set should look like:
Chicago-Los Angeles-8-Monday-10
Chicago-Los Angeles-8-Monday-20
Chicago-Los Angeles-8-Monday-30
Chicago-Los Angeles-8-Monday-40
Chicago-Los Angeles-8-Tuesday-10
Chicago-Los Angeles-8-Tuesday-20
Chicago-Los Angeles-8-Tuesday-30
Chicago-Los Angeles-8-Tuesday-40
Chicago-Los Angeles-8-Wednesday-10.......

I tried using Pass-Thru, but it just sends the single lines of my source data through. Any help, nudges in the right direction, or similar examples would be a huge help!

Topic: Find a character & replace with CRLF or line break?
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 4:10:06 PM
Hey there,
I could have sworn that in older versions of XML Spy I could select a character and use find/replace and a RegEx to replace with a new line. Is there a way to do this easily?

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.