IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: SteveBarreira
About
User Name: SteveBarreira
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 3
[0.02% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Unable to Add XML Spy to list of available programs
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2015 3:12:21 PM
I am trying to use XML Spy as the default to open JSON files. However, when I Open with... the application is not available. I then select browse to find the .exe file in ProgramFiles (programfiles/altova/xmlspy2015 XMLSpy.ext . XML SPY is NOT added to the list of available programs.

As a test, I have added Mapforce.exe from programfiles, and that is added without issue.

XML SPY is the default program for xml files. But if I choose the open with dialog, I am unable to select it again.

Please Help.

Thanks,
Topic: Passing Values from Source to Target After Filtering
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 5:27:47 PM
vlad wrote:
This is because of the way how the filters work: last-items and first-items could deliver more than one item (though in your particular case they result in one). Therefore you cannot expect them to get their result "at the same time" (sorry - trying to explain simply, maybe sounds ugly)

In any case, you can workaround by putting a variable (a simple tree with two nodes) after those both functions - you would collect the result of both of them in this variable, and though they would arrive at different time, in variable they will be then available for the rest of consumption at once in the rest of your mapping

Thank you very much for your quick and helpful response.

So the variable would come after 1/2? Also, is there a way to create a simple tree structure right in mapforce without referencing a specific complex datatype? Otherwise, I would need to create a new definition of that type in a schema file correct?

Topic: Passing Values from Source to Target After Filtering
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 4:45:45 PM
I am running into an issue in mapforce using an if-else filter where the condition appears to evaluate to true, but I cannot pass a value from the source along.

I've attached a file and here is the basic problem statement:

The MTX variable has 2 text fields (F1551)
- In the first text field I am trying to pass a qualifier (e.g. EPSDT)
- In the second field I am trying to pass a value that goes through a value map
- I am trying to create the scenario where, if the first value is EPSDT, then pass on the second value from the value map.

The pass through seems to work okay when I map a Constant to the "Value-True" Field, however if I map a value map or other value, the Boolean value seems to get messed up and nothing is passed through. I am posting the picture below:

Here are the steps and my thought Process:
1 & 2. MTX is received into the function and the last text field and first text fields are separated out
3. The logic checks if the first field is EPSDT
4. If the first value is EPSDT, then pass along the second text value (in this case 2)
5. Map the values to the corresponding code
6. Pass the code to the output

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.