IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: dodegaard
About
User Name: dodegaard
Forum Rank: Newbie
Location Missoula, MT
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 3
[0.02% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: C# Codegen + DBChoice
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 6:21:39 PM
Does anyone know if the codegen that comes out on C# must always have OLEDB involvement and emit ADO.Net code versus using more modern things like Linq-to-Sql or EntityFramework constructs?

Second question would be if anyone has had experience with enhancing the codegen templates with your own logging code, etc. to be able to integrate with your own stack or do you run things externally. Would love any feedback on this.

Thanks in advance.
Doug

Missoula, MT
Topic: Template Class or Console App for Code Gen
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 10:10:13 PM
Has anyone found an easy way to get a template or pre-defined set of code to codegen with an EDI to Database C# transformation? I'd love to have something like a T4 template to allow me to predefine the wrapper that the codegen would fit into. What I have noticed is that the console app that generates still has customized code inside otherwise I would reference the generated assembly directly.

Ideas on how to make codegen simpler to inject in a foreach for multiple files for EDI?

Thanks in advance.
Doug

T4 docs --> http://www.hanselman.com/blog/T4TextTemplateTransformationToolkitCodeGenerationBestKeptVisualStudioSecret.aspx
Topic: MapForce Generation to C# to Continuous Integration
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 11:28:03 PM
I am creating a system where light technical users can maintain the MapForce mappings (EDI to Sql Server Db) which then are checked into Subversion (SVN). We have a TeamCity 5 continuous integration serverin place. Thinking about creating a job that does code generation upon checkin which then launches a build of the main C#-based integration workflow so we have end-to-end testing and migration. Hands-off for developer until higher technical situations arise.

Using VS 2008 3.5 moving to VS 2010 soon. SQL Server 2008

Anyone done this? If so do you have any hints or should I run in fear? It seems to me that this scenario would be the nirvana of an ETL shop.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Doug Odegaard
twitter.com/dodegaard

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.