IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: kurent
About
User Name: kurent
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Location Slovenia
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 62
[0.34% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Projects open in a new window
Posted: Thursday, March 2, 2017 12:45:12 PM
When I double click on a SPS project each one starts a new instance of Stylevision.

The problem started when I moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Any ideas?
Topic: Numbered list ...again
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 12:54:19 PM
I have encountered another problem while using dynamic numbered lists.

I cannot set the number where the lists starts using XPath. You can input a value hard coded, but it ignores the attribute "start" when using XPath expressions.

Any idea how to solve this?
Topic: Numbered list with tables (docx)
Posted: Friday, February 6, 2015 11:47:47 AM
Still trying to solve this, but having no luck. :(

The biggest problem still is the table cells being numbered within a numbered list. Looking at the xslt for Word it seems that every time a paragraph is encountered (it's in every cell), Word makes a new number.

What is even more surprising, this is the default behaviour of Word! In Word if you insert a table inside a numbered list item it numbers the table cells!

The only idea I have is to break the list, make the table and then create a new list with higher start number.
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 12:03:12 PM
So let's say the user will bite the bullet and always select the table and disable numbering from Word.

Then there is another problem, cell indentitation (see image below).

Any plans of making the docx output better in Stylevision? Just saying...love the software, would love it even more. ;)
Topic: Font family for numbered list (Word output)
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 11:57:07 AM
Found a "solution", if you manually change the font in the generated xslt, it does work.

Find the line:
<altova:List altova:Format="decimal" altova:Text="%1." altova:Font="Times New Roman" altova:Start="1">

and just change the font to whatever you wish.

Then you write a java application that goes through all the xslt files and changes the font for all the lists with one simple click. :)
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 1:17:40 PM
I tried this and it does not work for Word output.
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 11:23:36 AM
Example from another thread I started where we created a dynamic numbered list with additional data outside of XML data with conditions.

I have encountered a new problem when generating Word files. If you insert any element for example a table, in Word output the table cells are also numbered. It works in RTF output! See example attached.

Any ideas how to resovle this? Maybe a table alternative to present data, but I'm not seeing it.
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 1:29:39 PM
I'm having problems with setting the font family for the numbers in a numbered list for Word output.

Setting the style seems to have no effect. If you set document properties to the desired font family and size, only size is affected. The numbers on the list remain Times New Roman no matter how I set it.

Any ideas?
Topic: Table empty cell styling for Word output
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2014 7:43:08 AM
How can I set style like font and size for table cells when they are empty. If no content is inside the cell the user must set font himself. If I set the cell attributes they are ignored. You could put a blank text but then there is a blank in the cell. Any ideas?
Topic: line-height property for Word output
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 8:03:55 AM
I want to make a document fit to one page.

line-height property doesn't work for Word output. Any other ideas how I can decrease line height?

It works if I put the text inside a table and set line-height property in that cell. But if I add justify it doesn't work anymore.

edit: figured it out, it works in most cases but you need to write in percentages: 50% and not 0.5

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.