IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: iceandrews
About
User Name: iceandrews
Forum Rank: Member
Location Cincinnati
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.06% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: template match to remove specific parents
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 4:20:19 PM
There's cleaner ways to do this but the logic is basically the same. You'll have to find the position of the invoices that are all 0s and match taht with the other elements position key.

Code:

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
    <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>
    <xsl:output indent="yes"/>

<xsl:template match="@*|node()">
        <xsl:copy>
            <xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()"/>
        </xsl:copy>
    </xsl:template>

<xsl:variable name="zeroInvoice">
        <xsl:for-each select="/root/invoice">
            <xsl:if test=".[feetotal = 0][costtotal = 0]">
                <position>
                    <xsl:value-of select="position()"/>
                </position>
            </xsl:if>
        </xsl:for-each>
    </xsl:variable>

<xsl:template match="invoice[feetotal = 0][costtotal = 0]"/>

<xsl:template match="feesummary[etc = $zeroInvoice/position]|feedetail[etc = $zeroInvoice/position]|costsummary[etc = $zeroInvoice/position]"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>
Topic: Multiple xs:include / include Folders
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 6:39:47 PM
Is there a way in XML Spy to generate multiple xs:include statements. For example, if I wanted to include all the XSDs in a certain folder, can I do something in Spy to generate all those include statements? Right now selecting them one at a time can be cumbersome if there's many includes.
Topic: XML Spy - Project - External Folder Order
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:22:20 PM
When creating a new Project in XML Spy 2013sp1 and adding an External Folder to the Project all the sub folders are displayed/loaded in a completely random order. They are no alphabetical or organized in anyway that's useful. Is there are way to fix this or work around so things appear in a logical fashion. Trying to find the folder you're looking through a sea of randomized folders is very cumbersome, and frankly stupid. Very poor implementation of this feature.

Here's a link to what it looks like after adding an External folder. It's a mess.

http://i.imgur.com/z0TkrOt.jpg

Anybody have any suggestions?
Topic: Expand All Trees
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2008 7:04:49 PM
My Lord Thank you.

I'm a heavy windows keyboard user in windows. I ahve no idea how this one slipped past me.
Topic: Expand All Trees
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2008 1:30:08 PM
When viewing the schema diagram, is there a hotkey/shortcut to expand all/Collapse all the tree in the diagram at once? It's really frustrating to have to click each + / - . when going through a schema that's 50 levels deep....it's nearly impossible to navigate easily.
Topic: Extremely Long Load XSDs in 2008
Posted: Friday, August 1, 2008 5:54:07 PM
That sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing!

I look forward to it. Could you reply to this when the patch hits as a reminder? That would be wonderful.
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 5:34:59 PM
The uninstall/reinstall did not work, it's behavior is the same as before.
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 2:00:01 PM
After talking with some co-worker, we can to the same conclusion. I copied the entire directory structure down to my desktop.

When I try and open the main schema locally, it DOES complete the load in about 2 minutes. A VAST improvement over the 20-30 minutes that occurs on the network drive. However, this is a still a very slow time compared to co-workers. They are running a 2006 and 2007, so we really have a nice gambit of versions to try. Heh. One of them also uses 2008 from home, and even when he's remotely conencted to this network drive using 2008, it opens within 10-15 seconds.

I'm been talking with my support internally and we're going to trying installing/reinstalling. They're at somewhat of a loss. If this end up continuing, I'm going to try and see if I can send an example the schema to test out.
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 3:00:41 PM
These schemas are located on a network drive. That have a path similar to this.

\Canonical\WIP3.01\Core\V3.00\WIP3.01\TType\MainSchema.xsd

There are over 180 schemas included in the grand parent V3.00\WIP3.01 Directory. There are also more specific schemas that go all the way back to the Core directory and branch off.

My fellow co-workers load them from the same network drive. I've tried changing the way schema are opened. I removed the validation and caching options to see if that would speed up the process but it has not.

The schemas are private and I highly doubt I would be able to provide copies in order to troubleshoot. I'm going to conitnue some troubleshooting.
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:40:46 PM
I have XMLSpy2008 Rel2 sp1.

I'm trying to open a schema that includes 100s of other schemas. My co-workers are running 2007 and can open this schema and load all the included schemas in about 15 seconds. They are all using 2007.

On my version of XMLSpy it takes a ridiculous long period of time to load. at least over 20 minutes. If I try and minimize XML Spy while it's loading these schemas, it will lock and up beign not responding. I can see at the status bar at the bottom each schema loading one by one. Each one takes 20-30 seconds. On other people's vesions each one takes maybe second. Interstingly enough, the CPU usage for XMLSpy during this time remains ~1-2% at all times. So it's not even making use of any resources. This is the case even if it's the only program running at that moment.

Any suggestions or similar times for other people?

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.