IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

pretty print configuration in XMLSpy? Options · View
colotechwriter
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:21:52 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if there is a way to configure pretty print in XMLSpy 2008. My problem is that I'm using it to write documentation with DocBook. Certain tags are rendered exactly as they look in the code, spaces and all. The problem is that pretty print puts every opening tag on its own line and indents them. This is fine and helpful for 99% of the tags, but not those that are rendered as they appear in the code becuase the spaces and new lines are added to my final document output.

So is there a way to configure pretty print so that it ignores certain tags or so I can tell it to not indent/newline certain tags?

Thanks for your help.
vlad
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 10:13:55 AM

There is an option which probably fits your needs. Under Tools/Options/File there is a list of element names which should not be formatted anyhow "No output formatting for". Add the elements you mean and try again.
colotechwriter
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2008 10:59:09 PM

Perfect! Thanks Vlad, that was exactly what I was looking for.