IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

First flowforce job Options · View
FlowforceUser
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 7:37:55 PM

I am doing a POC to buy flowforce and mapforce. I have created mapping in mapforce and trying to set up flowforce job.
I am really struggling as there is no documentation for flowforce like there is for mapforce.

I first mapping return true or false
if it is true
go to next step- another mapping
result from mapping a integer should be passed as parameter to third mapping

I do not know how to do this. Are there any sample jobs that i can look at get an idea. I know I need to create variable and save the values but whatever I try I am getting errors (text turns red).
Any help appreciated
rasgeado
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:11:52 AM

I'd suggest you create each of these steps as a standalone job, this way it will be easier to debug. You can pass a job as a step to another job at any time later... From what I am able to understand, something like this may be what you need:

Job 1 (let's call it IfTrue)

Execution step 1:
Execute function: /public/YourFirstMapping.mapping
Assign this step's result to: map_result

Execution step 2: (this is required to convert the result of the first job to string)
Execute function: /system/compute
Expression: content(stdout(map_result))

Don't forget to declare the return type of the first job as string... To convert to boolean, it will probably need a slightly different expression, but here I just chose string for simplicity... something similar to this http://manual.altova.com/FlowForceServer/fs_handling_data_types_in_steps.htm

Job 2 (let's call it RunIfTrue)

Execution step 1:
Execute function: /public/IfTrue.job
Assign this step's result to: result

Execution step 2:
Here you need to create a step of type "Choose step"), just click the "new Choose step button"
When: result == 'true'
Execute function: /public/YourSecondMapping.mapping