IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Converting XML to CSV Options · View
Hat
Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2015 8:36:22 AM

Hello,
I'm triying to use XMLSpy 2015 to convert Xmls Files to CSV with the convert -> Export to Text functionality
Unfortunetly it didn't works, I got a pop up that telling the path of my file is not valid

Can someone help me to understand the issue ?

(I tried with MapForce too and finally my mapping generated is not valid too)

Thanks
island
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2015 8:54:11 AM

Hi,

your xml file has to be valid in order to convert it to txt. An xml file is validated against a schema document. You can check to see if you file is valid by pressing the green tick icon in the toolbar.

As you haven't provided your xml file and the schema upon which it is based, it is impossible to say why your xml document is invalid.

Hat
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2015 10:34:12 AM

island wrote:
Hi,

your xml file has to be valid in order to convert it to txt. An xml file is validated against a schema document. You can check to see if you file is valid by pressing the green tick icon in the toolbar.

As you haven't provided your xml file and the schema upon which it is based, it is impossible to say why your xml document is invalid.

Hello,
Thank you for your answer unfortunetly I cannot provide the XML as it's a work file
I'll investigate
But I tought it was not mandatory to use MapForce to convert an xml to a txt (at least) file
island
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2015 5:10:18 PM

It is not mandatory to use Mapforce to convert the xml to csv.(Mapforce is however more flexible than XML Spy for such tasks).

At any rate, XML Spy also needs to be able to validate the file before it converts it to csv.
Hat
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 12:25:50 PM

island wrote:
It is not mandatory to use Mapforce to convert the xml to csv.(Mapforce is however more flexible than XML Spy for such tasks).

At any rate, XML Spy also needs to be able to validate the file before it converts it to csv.

Hello,
I tried too
but as I told in my first post when I use XMLSpy only I have an error about the path

Hat attached the following image(s):
errorl.png

island
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 6:43:28 PM

Sorry but I can't be of much help to you if you black out 90% of the error message and you don't provide the files.
Hat
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 8:32:21 PM

island wrote:
Sorry but I can't be of much help to you if you black out 90% of the error message and you don't provide the files.

what I blacked out it's Just my filepath
and even if I try with a simple xml with two nodes I have the same issue :)